fuel everywhere!!!!!!!! puddle the size of my truck!!!

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
walked in the store 2 days ago and left my truck running. came back out and i saw a HUGE puddle of fluid under my truck. looked under the truck and fuel was in a huge stream coming off the back of the engine. popped the hood and i see fuel spraying out of the bottom fuel line on the front of the FPR. do i have to buy this fuel line at the ford house??? where do i find this line? how does that even happen?!?!? i haven't even looked at the truck since i parked it at my house b/c i'm very aggrivated with all the things going wrong with it in the past month. thanks for reading guys!!!

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the service manuals say to get the line from ford,but im sure you can get it at the local auto parts store.but idk,maybe you cant,if its just a fuel line im sure you can.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the lines that run to each of the heads, you don't have to but that at ford, but it may be easier.

If you can find a good hose shop, they should be able to make you one up (bring in the old one and they can copy it). Aeroquip is the original maker of that hose, I believe, so if you can find a local dealer, that'd probably be your best bet. Having it made will definitly be cheaper than Ford, but you have to run around and try to find someone that can do the work for you...

Sorry -- I don't know the specs for that particular hose...someone else should have that soon...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Not sure which line you are looking at but here is a few numbers.

Fuel Line, Low pressure supply and return
(Ford) F5TZ-9A318-C On the engine metal fuel line return (96 and ???)
(Ford) F5TZ-9C330-C On the engine metal fuel line supply (96 and ???)

Fuel Hose, BLUE (Aeroquip FC498-06)
(Ford) F4TZ-9324-CA, 3" Long lift pump to filter inlet
(Ford) F4TZ-9324-DA Shorter than above, Filter outlet to High Pressure (piston) pump inlet

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
the line that split is the one on the front driver's side of the FPR. it runs to the front of the driver's side head. i believe it is a return line. i called all the ford dealers in austin and the one in Buda and all of them said the line was discontinued so they no longer carry them. i got one from a buddy of mine who has a '95 psd engine that he disassembled, but i got the wrond one. i got the one for the passenger side, which is shorter than the one for the drivers side. i'm going to get another one made so that i will have another one for back up when this one goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58