Help Needed Fuel Filter issues

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I will let you know if it works. O'reillys opens in 45 minutes and I will be picking up my fuel pump to see if this works.

I don't see the filter missing as being a problem considering the truck ran for 2minutes without a fuel regulator or a fuel supply at all.

I really like the look on that 95 regulator. Sure look a lot simpler. Obviously that mesh filter did its job and stopped some crud from comming in but I have a feeling something like that is hard to get even from Ford. Plus I don't want this happening again. Ohhh well I'm hopefully going to e-fuel in the next couple of years anyway and I'm done running WMO/WVO for the next year or so until I can get a much better filter setup going again.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well it worked. I went to ford and that filter comes with 2 orings and a snap ring and they wanted 84 bucks. CRIMINAL...They ordered it but I'm not going to go back and get it. I might come up with something else later. It just seems like a redudant filter anyway. When I go to E-fuel in the next year or so I won't need it anyway.

I'm not sure if my fuel pumps were bad or not. They still pump out fuel when on the ground but that doesn't mean they are good. But I poured in some ATF and put the new pump in and it cranked up after the second try total about 30 seconds. Seems to run GREAT. I haven't had this much power in awhile. It is not crazy but seat of the pants feeling is really there.

Also if anyone in the area needs help changine out the fuel pump I can do it in less than 30 minutes now. So the fact that Ford charges 6.5 hours is also Criminal. That tech changes it out and then takes the rest of the day off as well as your 700 bucks.

I will report back after our 2500 mile trip in a few weeks. Hopefully this was the final fix and I don't have any more restriction problems.

Thanks.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Corning, Ca

Don't be To Hard on the Tech's... They work at an hourly rate/wage... The DEALERSHIP gets the Big (Criminal) Ripoff Bucks.

Glad you gotr dun'n run'n good :cool:;tu

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get that screen (the part number I have is F6TZ-9150-BA) from Tousley Ford Parts online for $44.37 (list is $85.83). Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58