fuel filter

tilyn62

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got a 97 powerstroke f250 and were replacing the fuel filter and can't figure out how to get the filter of the housing there is no tabs or nothin. it is a hastings style filter any help would be apprciated.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I use a screwdriver and stick it across the ribs. It's a pain but it works. Depends on your cap though. The filters were changed over time to come with a replacement cap already installed and some did not have any slots where you could stick a bar.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Use a good rubber glove (won't slip) if you don't have slots to use a bar on. While you have your filter out look in your fuel bowl and see if there is a bunch of crud at the bottom of the bowl. I know that some of us have had to take the fuel bowl off clean it out and repair spots where the wall was thinning because of debris in the bottom. More than you asked for, but while the filter is out take a look.
See ya',
Craig

psdan000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
if you have an oil filter wrench that fits on your oil filter it will work on the fuel filter too. its what i use every time and works like a charm.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
channel locks open em wide and place one jaw in a slot and the other in the opposite slot, press down and turn the handles and off she will spin :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14