Fuel filters changed out this morning

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing the Fuel Filters is a simple job. A couple of folks on the forum gave me some tips and they came in handy so a big thanks for the help there.

It's a pain in the butt to find a 36mm socket, but found one at NAPA for 17 dollars.
Pricey, but it's cheaper than having the dealer change out the filters.

The filter under the truck was the dirtiest. There were obvious pieces of crud in the black cap when I wiped it down. The one under the hood was not too bad. The cap looked pretty clean before I wiped it down. I guess the first filter does the bulk of the filtering.

David

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one under the truck is located on the inside frame rail under the driver's seat area.

Pretty easy to spot.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Changing the Fuel Filters is a simple job. A couple of folks on the forum gave me some tips and they came in handy so a big thanks for the help there.

It's a pain in the butt to find a 36mm socket, but found one at NAPA for 17 dollars.

Pricey, but it's cheaper than having the dealer change out the filters.

EXCELLENT info. Thank you! I don't know why, but I have been unable to get the socket size anywhere. I guess I was not smart enough to ask my friends on SDD.com!? There is a NAPA store right up the street from me. I'll be headed up there today! You rock, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14