fuel guage problem

chuck416ex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my fuel gauge wonders about an 1/8 to 1/4 tank.i always fill up my trk weekly,but with fuel prices just under $5.00 a gallon i want to strech out fueling up to when i need it.my trk has always had this problem and i want to fix it. thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
my fuel gauge wonders about an 1/8 to 1/4 tank.i always fill up my trk weekly,but with fuel prices just under $5.00 a gallon i want to strech out fueling up to when i need it.my trk has always had this problem and i want to fix it. thanks

about the only thing you could to would be pull the float hangar and replace the level sensor.. I think they are available separately now..

while you're at it, maybe do the Hutch and harpoon mods..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about the only thing you could to would be pull the float hangar and replace the level sensor.. I think they are available separately now..

while you're at it, maybe do the Hutch and harpoon mods..

X2.

The Harpoon mod involves cutting off the vent tube,, inside the tank.. allowing you fill the tank without Dribbling in, the last 5 gallons.

The Hutch mod involves re-configuring the fuel pick up/return lines, eliminating a fitting that lets air leak into the fuel (not good).. at less that half full levels. There are ready made kits for this mod.

There are Wiki/DIY's on both mods, here on SDD... for further details.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg