fuel heater??

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I find out after I did my hutch mod that the warm fuel from the return line was the only thing that was allowing me to run the b50 that I make in my garage in the winter. My fuel pressure would drop dramatically when on the throttle. If I warmed up my inline filter with torch then it would work for a bit and then start to die down again. Who has a pre filter with heater in it and does it work with the veggie oil? I have over 200 gallons (and rising) of oil and would like to use it. Truck runs fine with straight diesel.:dunno

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
check out davco, a big rig parts place would be able to help you out. im not sure what model and prices, but i always need to repair them this time of year when the water that gets seperated freezes when the heater in the housing fails.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I use a Racor 900FH with a 300 watt heater and have run B50 down to 12*F with no starting issues. It's slightyly oversized to lower chances of vaccuum issues with thicker visocity.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a Racor 900FH with a 300 watt heater and have run B50 down to 12*F with no starting issues. It's slightyly oversized to lower chances of vaccuum issues with thicker visocity.

The starting is not my problem, it's the ending that I don't like. LOL. Any luck at colder temps? How much of a fuel pressure drop do you get? It gets much colder than that down here and I would like to run this stuff all year round. Much cheaper on the pocket book!:D

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Racor has heating elements available for the 445 series filters also. Pic from TxAtty's truck.

Have you done a regulated return system? Seems like warm fuel returned from the heads would aid with viscosity issues.

Tbar

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I get no FP drop at those temps. Never have used B50 in colder temps.

Are you trying to run veggie blend or reacted biodiesel blend with #1 or #2?

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Racor has heating elements available for the 445 series filters also. Pic from TxAtty's truck.

Have you done a regulated return system? Seems like warm fuel returned from the heads would aid with viscosity issues.

Tbar

I don't have a regulated return yet. Just have stock fuel pressure at 65 psi. I just did the hutch mod that takes away the warm return fuel from the pick up. I didn't realize it helped so much in the winter. It is much easier to see now that it is winter. :lmao

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I have no experience with veggie blends, I believe you prolly get a little too cold there to run VOB.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with veggie blends, I believe you prolly get a little too cold there to run VOB.

That is why I am mixing it half and half with straight diesel. It worked fine for me last year before I did the hutch mod on the pick up. The warm fuel kept it flowing good enough. And never a problem with start up either and it gets cold here.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14