fuel hose specs?

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Apparently several of us are having issues with B100 and a couple of the fuel lines. Specifically, hheynow and I had hoses melt from the regulator to the heads. I suspect everyone with the older trucks using high bio concentrations will probably need this info later so here is my question -

I found a local shop to make me the necessary lines but I need the following information for them first - any input is helpful! I think we should have this info added to the parts list sticky we have.

THanks

Size - Inside Diameter, length, and Outside diameter

Temperature - Internal and External; normal, minimum and maximum

Pressure - Normal working pressure, burst pressure

Ends - what type, size, thread

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Ok, I'll simplify it.

What are the thread and sizes of the 2 fuel ports on the front of the engine where the lines from the regulator go in? and

What are the thread and sizes of the ports on the regulator where the hoses to the heads attach?

Thanks

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok those are the return lines.i just replaced mine on the new motor.but i forget what size the were.any hydrualic shop will have the fitings.ill look at mine to see if the thread size is on the fittings.they are just normal female hydraulic fittings.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ID is important, the OD can vary with bursting strength. I'd have to find the sizes again but if memory serves me right it was 3/8 and there was one that was smaller.

I'm running napa FI hose right now which is over rated on pressure because all of the hoses are low pressure, which serves to compensate for the heat, unfortunately I don't have the specs.

PS which hoses are you having problems with? I'm guessing the ones @ the Fuel pump

EDIT: Guess I'm slower than I thought replying while I'm working

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
ok those are the return lines.i just replaced mine on the new motor.but i forget what size the were.any hydrualic shop will have the fitings.ill look at mine to see if the thread size is on the fittings.they are just normal female hydraulic fittings.

Thanks for the responses. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am replacing every fitting with SS so I need to start with the fitting that will screw into the head that will then attach to the hose. Same at the other end that screws into the regulator.

I looked last night and the regulator had two 90* fittings that appeared to be 1/8th npt like the schrader port but I cant be certain without removing (which renders me a pedestrian).

Thanks guys.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
BJS said:
PS which hoses are you having problems with? I'm guessing the ones @ the Fuel pump

well I can only describe the location because I dont know what everything is.

On the regulator where the two hoses come out toward the front of the truck - the two hoses that are covered in currigated plastic and go to the front of each head. I'll look to see if I have a picture I can post but not sure.

Thanks again...

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
cant help ya on the fittings on the regulator as my stock fuel system is long gone.ill pop the fittings out of my old heads and see what they but im thinking there are 1/8npt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58