fuel in hpop

7.3 fan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok i check my glow plug circuit changed ipr, icp new fuel filter. it started this morning with out either for about five times then wont start again i pulled the 0il pressure sensor off the hpop res and fuel shot out is there supposed to be fuel in it or not and if not what is the fix thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
7.3 fan tell us more about your truck, what is it, how long have you owned it and any mods on the truck. You are chasing a problem by looking at all of the parts individually and not the big picture. And NO fuel is NOT supposed be in the oil system. Especially the HPOP. Can you smell fuel on the oil dipstick?

Dave :dunno

7.3 fan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it is 99 f350 7.3 4x4 crew cab. i just got the truck it was an old farm truck in the family dont know for sure if anything has been upgraded or not and i dont smell fuel on the dipstick

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One Step at a time.

What brand of oil are you using ? What weight ? Is it Synthetic or Dino ? What is the oil level, on the dip stick ?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have got me confused. The HPOP is an OIL PUMP and not a fuel pump. It gets its oil from the crankcase. If you smell fuel coming out of a the HPOP and NOT in the crankcase, there must be something leaking at the HPOP, but what? Check it again to confirm it is fuel coming out of the HPOP.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I think I know what's going on here..

bad injector o-rings.. only place in the system fuel and oil are in close proximity w/o being separated by a casting

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.

If the injectors are leak'n, on the Fuel side.. into the Oil side, you might be "Make'n oil".. on the dip stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14