Fuel Leak on '02 7.3

elkfins

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, new member here.

I have an '02 7.3L that has a fuel leak somewhere. I originally thought it was oil until I crawled underneath and found that it was definitely fuel that was running down the back of the block.
It looks like there's fuel on and around the fuel filter and fuel lines on the top of the engine but no obvious leaks anywhere, other than the fact that the area on the top front of the engine is moist with fuel and the back of the block has fuel running down the back of the block. All the fittings seem tight around the fuel filter.
I haven't had any starting problems and there doesn't seem to be any performance problems with the engine.
Anyone have any thoughts on where the leak could be coming from or how I could troubleshoot this?

appreciate it.

Steve

JRJ04

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd say it the o-rings on the fuel filter drain valve. It is very common for these to leak over time. You can order the o-rings from here:

Replacement O-rings for Diesel Engines

or you can buy the entire valve from the dealership for around $50.

That would be an excellent place to start!

Good luck and if you have anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask.

elkfins

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for the quick response. I'll give that a shot and let you know how it goes.

Steve

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good post Jourdan ;tu Bob (guzzle) is a great guy and a friend..he will ship your orings as soon as you order them.you should have them with in 3 days...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58