Fuel Leak Saga

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Man this leak is driving me crazy!
I changed all the short hoses and the fuel pump, it was infact leaking, now I see the brass plug that is sealed with an oring on the Fuel Pressure regulator is leaking! I have removed and reinstalled the Filter Bowl twice now in the past 4 days!
I am going to see if I can find an oring to fit thebrass plug in hopes that stops it. The oring looked fine when I inspected it. That plug is very hard to get in striaght and then seat the snap ring!
Anyone got an FPR thats not leaking and want to get rid of it!?!?!?
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Well I was fed up and was going to just buy a new FPR, but after pricing Fords and then finding out that IH had non is stock, I tore it down again, this time I had stopepd by the Oring shop (great thing about living in a city, we have a store that deals in nothing but orings and seals!), picked up an assortment of Viton orings and headed back home.
Pulled that canister and FPR (getting pretty good at this now, 10 minutes flat!) and put all new orings in the FPR, found where I had cut one during last reassembly which is why it was leaking again.
Waiting for it to get up to op temp and will go make a pass or two on the highway and see if it holds!
I really need this problem out of my way today, just too much to do and this was not one of the things planned!!!!!
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Don't be in too much of a hurry or you will be fighting it all weekend.

Dave :)

DONE!
Just got back from a few runs up and down the highway and some city driving and all is dry.
If you ever feel compelled to remove the brass plug on the bottom of the FPR that is held in with a snap ring, make sure you have replacement orings on hand. You can not get them seperate from Ford, the kit is like 80 bucks!
Rick H...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14