Fuel leak,top of motor at rear

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
a few things.check the blue fuel lines from the pump to the filter,they are known to leak.on the back of the pump you will see the fuel lines.there is a big banjo bolt with copper washers that also is known to leak.

what year is the truck?the banjo bolt can be tightened up without pulling the turbo if its a NON cali emissions engine.if its a 97 cali motor youre gonna have to pull the turbo.

heres a picture of the cali emissions fuel pump 97 PSD cali fuel pump,AKA the enterprise looking thing pictures from trucks photos on webshots

1438455671067175480HfySnP

drmjf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 97 before the 99. The fuel pump has a weep hole if the pump diaphragm starts to leak, feel around the pump for fuel. Hope this will help.

dialedin86

dialedin86
Reaction score
thanks for the input, the truck is a 95 F350
when you replace the pump do you have to remove the y manifold? and filter housing?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
gotta pull the y atleast.pulling the filter housing gives a little more room.click on the pictures link in my signature,plenty of pictures of the top of the motor

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
a few things.check the blue fuel lines from the pump to the filter,they are known to leak.on the back of the pump you will see the fuel lines.there is a big banjo bolt with copper washers that also is known to leak.

what year is the truck?the banjo bolt can be tightened up without pulling the turbo if its a NON cali emissions engine.if its a 97 cali motor youre gonna have to pull the turbo.
heres a picture of the cali emissions fuel pump 97 PSD cali fuel pump,AKA the enterprise looking thing pictures from trucks photos on webshots

1438455671067175480HfySnP

JFYI: Actually you dont have to pull the turbo, look here
Fuel leak - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

JUST REMEMBER THE TURBO DOES NOT HAVE TO COME OFF TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP ON CALI MODELS.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
JFYI: Actually you dont have to pull the turbo, look here
Fuel leak - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

JUST REMEMBER THE TURBO DOES NOT HAVE TO COME OFF TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP ON CALI MODELS.

not everybody has the ability to cut up a socket to fight with the banjo bolt.better idea to pull the turbo and replace the up pipe donuts,pedistal orings and the leaky EBPV actuator oring.might as well fix all these known leaks at once and save some money in the long run.

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to replace the entire water separator/fuel filter assembly. I had a thumb sized hole in the bottom of it. From now on i will always pull the fuel heater and clean the sludge out of it when changing the filter. and be sure to drain it on schedule. It want cheap and i didnt want to replace it with a used unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58