fuel leak

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
changed the oil today and I noticed a small drip that smelled like diesel. it's coming down the passenger side of the motor, down the bellhousing and is dripping down from midway of the transmission. I couldn't find the source. any cheap ideas? possible fuel bowl o-rings? fuel (elevation) pump?

Last edited:

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
I just changed out the the water drain valve on the fuel bowl $55.00 (dealer) 4 screws and about a 1/2 hour, crawl up on top look on back side of fuel bowl see if it is wet around the valve (valve assy. is plastic w/ 2 orings in I didn't try to tighten just replaced. card board over hood latch makes it somewhat more comfortable.

JRJ04

Reaction score
if you can get the o-rings for $10, then do it. 9 times out of 10 its the o-rings that go bad and not the valve. JUST MAKE SURE they are viton o-rings that are rated for fuel. when mine was leaking, i took off the whole assembly and replaced the valve and all because i wasnt anywhere near a place that sold them. my o-rings on my truck had disintigrated completely! but I can say with confidence that thats your problem because the leak i had too the same path as yours. good luck!:sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could get just the orings for about $10. Can the valve really go bad?

Your choice stroker, but replaceing the whole assembly is the best way to go. Peace of mind is part of a good fix.:dunno

Call/Shop around. IH is often cheaper. A sad commentary for FORD [Dealer] Parts.. but I only payed $23. bucks OTD, for the whole kit.. 'bout 2 weeks ago.

Price correction. Got my invoices mixed up.

Last edited:

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to do this too. Do one of you have the International part number for the drain valve?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14