Fuel leak

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's not that. It started right after I jumped on the hwy. and got on the throttle pretty hard so I guess it overpressured a weak spot in a line. I could see it spraying up and it's coming from right where the two oil lines go to the HPOP. Looks like there is a fuel line running crossways right over the top of them. Maybe it has a wear spot in it. Been busy working today so haven't got around to climbing back up there just yet. Not the easiest spot to get to anything in there!

Glad you mentioned the drain bowl, probably time to drain it and seeing as there's already fuel EVERYWHERE I'll do that too!

I just love this truck

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess Patrick was right. The rubber hose that leads from the driver's side head tot he FPR has a nick in it and I'm assuming that's where the leak is. Now I'm having an issue getting the lowe end of that hose off. It's crammed down behind the bracket that holds the AC compressor and I'm afraid of stripping the nut because you can't hardly get a wrench on it.

Any suggestions on how to get to that sucker? I'm going to get a crow foot wrench in the morning to see if I can get on it better with that. But outside of that I'm stuck. The worst thing is it seems like you'd have to dismantle a whole bunch of #@%@ to actually get to that fitting. Really hope I don't have to go that route.

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done it, but removing some of the accessories may not be that bad. A/C compressor is not that bad to get out of the way and neither is the alternator. Cheers!

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alt. isn't an issue. Took the AC off it's mount but it didn't really help the access although I can see the problem better. The pedestal that he the AC sits on is really the obstruction but it's bolted all into the block it looks like with the vac. pump and stuff in the way of getting it off. Headed to town to shop for a miracle wrench! :)

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part number for that return line is F4TZ-9D308-A
In case anyone needs it....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg