fuel leak

Bobcat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me where my fuel leak might be. it is puddling in the valley behind the fuel filter bowl. You know down there in that place where you cant see very well. Going to get a pic of truck on here when ever i can get mother n law to take pic.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel pump,fuel lines (short rubber ones),fuel bowl take your pick.i had a fuel pump start leaking right before it went out.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Bobcat,
The fuel bowl can develop small holes in the bottom of it fro m debris swirling around inside it. If this is the culprit you'll have to remove it clean it out and patch it with JB Weld, if you do this replace the rubber fuel lines while you have everything out. There are hose clamps on the rubber fuel lines you can try tightening those. And then there is the fuel pump. If it's going South on you, you'll just have to replace it. It can be done without removing the turbo. If you see fuel leaking on the ground, usually by the front passenger side, that is a good indicator your pump is leaking.
Hope his helps you track down the leak.
Craig

Doggy Daddy

"Junior Member"?? OUCH!!
Reaction score
I have not heard of '99+ pitting the filter housing all the way thru like the '94-'97s. IMO it happens when there is a layer of sediment in the bottom and some water accumulates in the housing. Since the water is sitting in the sediment it stays in one spot and does not get drained by the water drain valve, and then corrodes its way thru the housing.

Another possibility is that the heater is shorting enough to cause high amperage and the plastic fitting where it goes thru the filter housing has melted enough to allow leakage; but that is usually a relatively small leak.

Bobcat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well it is a small leak and it has not run out on the ground. It just sets in the valley and evaporates i guess. like i said never seen it on the ground and this has been going on for about 2 months now.

Bobcat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what normally comes stock as far as gears in a 97 f250 4x4

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Is it a ccsb, ecsb, eclb or a reg cab? If it was a reg cab they usually have 4:10's and the ccsb and the ecsb seem to mostly have 3:54's and iirc the eclb have 4:10's too i think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58