Question Fuel mileage

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
I was wondering about fuel mileage between chip's
I had a edge evolution running 80 hp and got around 16 mpg i sold that chip and got a ts performance and running the 75 hp setting and get 12 mpg.
I'am going to be sending my chip off to tony wildman for his tune's and was wondering about mpg's . It has to get better don't it Not sure why my fuel economy has gone to the toilet. :dunno

Last edited:

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
custom tunes from one of the sponsors will give you better MPG then a off the shelf tune...one thing to remember is winter blend fuel is out..your going to loose some MPG because of it...check all your IC boots for any kind of leak as well as the up pipes

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Ron said. I hate winter fuel. But then again it don't get that cold here in SC.

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's we don't have winter blend at the pump's yet but it will be coming soon i have been fighting this for a while just come's down to the chip up pipe's look good no smoke on cold start up, will check ic boots tommrow. Ron how do you like the gtp38r turbo.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love the 38R...lower EGT's by about 200*, less black smoke and better spool up...i have a lot better power all the way though the RPM's..it does whistle quite bit and mine has some chatter to it but nothing i cant handle..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg