Fuel Mileage

Mauler90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I figured I would go straight the source and ask the experts!! I am looking at a used F-350 Power Stroke and have heard from some that the early ones weren't getting great mileage. I have found a 2001 Lariet in great condition and no mods yet. I was wondering what some of you are getting for mileage. My current gas Dodge is getting around 14 but without the power I want. I would like to see around 20, is that wishful thinking? I know that I drive a truck for it to be a truck but I put on a ton of miles and would like to get better normal and towing.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends

Welcome to the site Mauler90!

The short answer is "It depends." Depends on how you drive, truck configuration, blah, blah, blah. There are several threads on this site about this topic.

I have the '02 truck in my sig, and consistantly get around 15mpg (50/50 driving.

fgtex

Mauler90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the "welcome"!! The majority of my driving is highway. I try to stay out of the city traffic as much as I can.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i went for about a 170 miles trip to b'ham and back home, sometimes punchin it to get around slow traffic, going in to parts stores to get parts for our big trucks and leaving the PSD running for 30 mins at a time and still got (according to the console mpg) 19.3 mpg.

:sweet :thumbs :cool: :D

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
with my 99 dually im getting about 14 - 15 all city. get a nice full 4 inch back 304 SS exhaust (hog or MBRP), get a stage to Air Intake, and get a good chip and ill bet id expect you to see around 20.
ohh and make sure you get fuel from a trustable place. just got fuel from Race Star (no name place) and im burning it like its pure water im expecting to see less then 10 mpg ive gone 107 miles on this tank and im down more then 3/8 of a tank. i only wish there was something i could do. well ill never get gas there again....

texf6

TexF6
Reaction score
Depends on the rear end as well. My 95' was getting in excess of 24mpg on a new engine with a 3:55 rear end. Now 11 years later, 144k and a 4:10 rear end I manage 16 to 17 mpg. All stock no engine mods 2wd.

texf6

TexF6
Reaction score
What I would like to know is if anyone has experience with the 05 or 06 cummins in either 2wd or 4wd in a 3500 dually as to gas mileage with the 3:73 rear end?

Thanks,

Mauler90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Picked it up yesterday! I have a Magnaflow exhaust coming for it and possibly a programmer from Predator. What do you guys feel is the best air filter set up for it? I have access to most of the ones on the market. I have been in the aftermarket industry for the last 10 years and have access to most everything. Anything else that I should be looking to add? Diesel is a whole new ball game for me.

socodieselpower

tow'n tork monster
Reaction score
wheni moved from juneau alaska to reno nv i was getting about 22-26 mpg. thats no lie. my milage meter said 36mpg.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
socodieselpower said:
wheni moved from juneau alaska to reno nv i was getting about 22-26 mpg. thats no lie. my milage meter said 36mpg.
Weren't you basically going "downhill" all the way? I would imagine that the average elevation would drop from Juneau to Reno.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14

Latest posts