Fuel Pressure/Blue Spring

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I have been reading about the installation of the "blue" spring on the fuel pressure regulator. It is suppose to increase the fuel pressure to 70+ psi (from the OEM 50 psi). Has anyone installed one of these and what do you think of them?

Last edited:

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one in, the whole kit, not just the spring. Raised pressure to 66 at idle and drops to low 50's under hard accel. I don't know what the psi was before the spring swap, but it's good now. I did it when I did my delete so the fuel bowl was off, made install a snap.

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
So I installed the blue spring and the engine sounds quieter. I am though, still getting CEL codes indicating low fuel pressure to injector 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 when I tow a 5000 lb. vehicle.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the injector codes? Your PCM doesn't know what the fuel pressure is, so it can't be pressure codes. Maybe low circuit codes?

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this injector circuit codes means a bad FICM to me (assuming your batteries are healthy).

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Mine had low circuit for #1,3,5,7 and they decided the FICM needed to be changed. Works great now. I think bismic1 hit on the head.

Dave

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
All this injector circuit codes means a bad FICM to me (assuming your batteries are healthy).

I am starting to get tired of dumping money into the 6.0 I have changed out just about every part that goes bad. Now I apparently need a new FICM, How can a circuit board (FICM) have so many failures. I have seen a number of threads that indicate a bad FICM. I like the power that it offers (when it is healthy), but I am starting to wonder to myself "what is next". It gets frustrating when you fix one thing and another gives out. I am just about ready to dump it and get something else.

Okay, thanks for letting me vent.

My truck starts like cr@p and now takes about four trys to start it when it is cold outside. Guess it is time to start looking for that FICM.

Last edited:

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the end the effort will be worth it. Too many people think the grass is greener on the other side of the roadway.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't spend extra $$'s on replacing the FICM. There are several good places that will repair it and offer warranty. IMO FICMrepair.com is the best value. You can attempt the repair yourself, but FICMrepair.com also upgrades some marginal components ($250-$300).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14