Question Fuel Pressure Gauge

JRJ04

Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to shim my FPR but definitely need to get a fuel gauge on my rig first to get a baseline. I have found a gauge on a website and wanted to know if i can just screw it right in to one of the ports. If not, where can i get a hose and other fittings to allow it to fit? I will just be keeping this under the hood.

Here is the link to what I want to get. I am open to other suggestions as well.

Summit SUM-800199 - Summit® Chrome Plated Fuel Pressure Gauges - summitracing.com

All help would be appreciated!

JRJ04

Reaction score
Quote from the Summit page

Is that what you were wanting to know?

One of our sponsers, ITP Diesel sells ONE

No, what I would like to know is what if I want to connect tubing up between the port and gauge so that I could mount it so that I could see it from the front of the motor instead of having to crawl up on the bumper. Or, even better, having enough tubing so that I could hook it up when I want and watch it while im driving.

I'm just making sure that you dont need any special sort of tubing to connect up to the NPT fittings. will regular old rubber hose and hose clamps work? I dont think i would leave this gauge hooked up permanently...just when i want to check things out.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to get hose rated for diesel and the pressure. Standard fuel line won't hold the pressure.

you can pickup rubber fuel injection line at napa and the appropriate fuel injection hose clamps and you'll be good on barbed hose fittings.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did was run a piece of grease-gun extension hose from the FPR to the gauge. I had to put an adapter on the hose to go to the 1/4 inch or whatever was on the gauge, can't remember what size it was, but that's how I did it..

JRJ04

Reaction score
you need to get hose rated for diesel and the pressure. Standard fuel line won't hold the pressure.

you can pickup rubber fuel injection line at napa and the appropriate fuel injection hose clamps and you'll be good on barbed hose fittings.

Any idea what kind of cost im looking at? I found another kit that comes with all of that for about 60 bucks.

JRJ04

Reaction score
this wont be a permanent setup. i plan to keep the window down and hold it in my hand while i drive to make sure there is no drastic drop in pressure while driving. this will not go in my cab.

does anyone have any idea how much hose and clamps are?

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clamps are a few bucks. Assuming you don't have runaway pressure, you could use 30R9 hose (rated at 100PSI). It's less than $10.00 a foot....locally here it was about $7.50.

You could also go to a hydraulic shop and have a hose made for you with hydraulic hose, it might be cheaper depending on how long of a run you've got.

JRJ04

Reaction score
So i guess my final question is this then...what kind of fittings do i need to make this happen? probably 2, 1/8" NPT barbed fittings right? one to screw into the fuel bowl and the other to screw into the gauge and have the hose in between? Obviously 2 small hose clamps then to make sure i have a good seal where the hoses connect up. If that hose is rated to 100 psi, why couldnt i just use that and leave it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58