Fuel pressure guage

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I need to be able to check my fuel pressure. What do you guys use( part #, or brand) and where does it connect to check the fuel pressure?;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to be able to check my fuel pressure. What do you guys use( part #, or brand) and where does it connect to check the fuel pressure?;tu

There are several brands out there, just be sure it's a diesel fuel friendly one ?

Looking from the front.. on the back of the fuel filter canister, just to the Right of center, there's an unused port with a threaded plug*.. thats where yul tap in, to read yer fuel pressure.. at idle. When you get all hooked up, and start it.. let it idle for a minute or so.. to let the pressure stabilize.

* you may have to use a reducer/connection fitting, that matches the threads of the fitting(s) that come with the gauge ?

Sorry I don't have the fitting sizes... maybe someone will Chime in ??

dpantazis

Reaction score
its a #4 oring fitting, #4 JIC is another way of saying it.

which one depends on how you want to route, 90, 45, straight. etc... you will probably end up going to a 1/8" npt to use a grease gun hose for the connection to the gauge.

dp

dpantazis

Reaction score
its a #4 oring fitting, #4 JIC is another way of saying it.

which one depends on how you want to route, 90, 45, straight. etc... you will probably end up going to a 1/8" npt to use a grease gun hose for the connection to the gauge.

dp

EDIT: get it from a hydraulic shop or mail order from one of the vendors.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Im not lookin forward to buyin my fuel pressure and oil pressure gauges! They are pricey!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58