note fuel pressure readings....

atk

Reaction score
installed fuel pressure guage and fuel pressure regulator kit. just thought i would post some reading`s....

stock....with old regualtor

....56 at idle
....stayed just above 50(normal driving)
....WOT runs. pressure would go down to 38 to 40.

stock....with new regulator

....66 at idle
....stayed just above 60(normal driving)
....WOT runs. pressure stayed above 55.

performance tune.... with new regualtor.

....pretty much stayed the same as stock programming, except for WOT runs. it dropped more i thought it would, but stayed just above 50.

didn`t do any runs with the old regulator and performance tune....also noticed on the wide open runs, the pressure would drop, but slowly climb back up....

next test will be with my race tune....just too see the difference, if any....i am sure this will very a bit from truck to truck. didn`t do any test while towing. overall, i am happy doing this mod and now knowing what my fuel pressure is doing....gotta keep those injectors happy....:D

atk

Reaction score
Did you put in a regulated return kit?

no....but that is in the future plans....got a kit from Ford for the fuel pressure regulator. the only difference in the kit the was the spring. was a bit longer and stiffer....i suppose you can try shimming the original spring. it would be cheaper, but i chose this route. another member did the same thing....if you want part number i can post it up....

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
no....but that is in the future plans....got a kit from Ford for the fuel pressure regulator. the only difference in the kit the was the spring. was a bit longer and stiffer....i suppose you can try shimming the original spring. it would be cheaper, but i chose this route. another member did the same thing....if you want part number i can post it up....
I used a BB on my spring until I put on a regulated return from ITP along with the new Air Dog pump, old pump was getting weak. Everything runs good :sweet

atk

Reaction score
I used a BB on my spring until I put on a regulated return from ITP along with the new Air Dog pump, old pump was getting weak. Everything runs good :sweet

yeah that is cheaper. was going to do that, but decided with kit from Ford....the way things have going lately, i would have lost the spring or something....:lmao....i haven`t decided if i will go with ITP kit or go with the kit from Elite....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58