Fuel pressure regulater shim mod?

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again, I want to get some off idle response out of my 99.5 powerstroke so i heard that by shimming the fpr I could accomplish this. Is this true and how big of a shim shall i use. I know i need to get a pressure gauge mounted to the fuel system but can some one with some tech tips give me more advice on the location of the regulator and necessary steps to do the mod.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What MBRP said. I did mine by those instructions and didnt have any problems! I dont know if your 99.5 is like my '03 but the regulator is on the driverside of the fuel bowl with the two torx screws and return line attached to it.

Last edited:

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It made it idle a little quiter and smoother. Maybe a little better seat of the pants feel.

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could only find brass #4 washers. Is that suficient? Also where is an ideal location to mount the fuel pressure gauge. I'll give this mod a try and let you all know how it reacts.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could only find brass #4 washers. Is that suficient? Also where is an ideal location to mount the fuel pressure gauge. I'll give this mod a try and let you all know how it reacts.

Brass washers would work but are usually a soft brass. Wear issues ?

Gauge location is up to you. Many FP gauge kits come with bracketry for various location options under the hood.

Mine is in the Cab, via an isolator. (no diesel fuel in the cab due to a leak or failure)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14