Fuel pressure regulater shim mod?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres some pics! The regulator is on the driversside of the fuel bowl and has the two torx screws in it, with the return line screwed in. To hook up the gauge I unscrewed the allen head plug out of the back of the fuel bowl and screwed in the fitting. I wound up getting the fitting from from a site sponsor to save headache! You can see the hose attached to it in the pic. This is where my fuel pressure gauge is for the time being. I do another hose to set it on the cawl for a test run.

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything went well the installation of fuel gauge and shimmes but when i put the return line back on i accidently cracked the housing of that little cover that is retained by the two torx screws. Been on the phone all night searching and didn't have any luck.

JRJ04

Reaction score
have you tried the dealership? I couldnt imagine they would be too expensive.

Also, do you put the washers between the fuel filter housing and that return line that is held in by the torx screws?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried the dealership? I couldnt imagine they would be too expensive.

[The are available at the dealer. Comes as a kit.. New cap/cover, gasket & torx screws. Price ?.. Depends on the Dealer you go to.]

Also, do you put the washers between the fuel filter housing and that return line that is held in by the torx screws?

Read the DIY/WIKI. The washers go inside the brass sleeve, under the spring you remove... then re-install.

As per the DIY... Tighten the screws EQUALY until tight.

And... as you've already learned ? TIGHTER, is not BETTER ;):)

Last edited:

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i put them under the spring inside the brass sleeve. I just over torqued the return line a little to much. All good now. $51 at freedom ford in fresno ca, cured it. I got 70 psi out of the mod and noticed a smoother idle. Thanks for all your help.

ArthurRousse

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
THIS MOD IS GREAT I LOVE WORKING ON THE POWER STROKE ITS LIKE A DREAM COMPARED TO ALL THOS CUMMINS PIECES OF CRAP I WORK ON AT WORK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14