Fuel Pressure

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all -- been offline too much lately, and I have to say this newer site is sort of tough to like...

Anyhow, a question:

My fuel pressure has been running 72-78 psi since I rebuilt the bowl and installed a stiffer return spring. Suddenly yesterday it's varying between 90 and 95 psi. Possible problems could be:

1. fuel pressure sender took a dump -- seems possible but odd that it is still moving around a bit
2. fuel pump came back from holiday -- or it's heading out for pasture and this is first symptom???
3. I replaced the filter about a month or so ago, maybe it's plugging up -- but I have a aux tank pre-filter and all fuel goes into that tank first
4. The stiffer return spring or the assy has somehow come apart inside the housing

Any thoughts on where to start? Engine seems to run fine, no obvious fuel leaks (yet)...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 7.3 showed the same FP symptons once Rich.. ended up being a bad O ring (OEM) in the FPR. Got a re-build kit from Ford.. fixed the problem.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info Joe. I put on the modified fpr kit one of our sponsors was selling a year and a half ago, and it always has read higher than it was supposed to for the spring I'd put in...but now it's taken a jump. I guess I'll be looking into the fpr. Darn, it is so tight in there that just pulling the lines doesn't work for me.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info Joe. I put on the modified fpr kit one of our sponsors was selling a year and a half ago, and it always has read higher than it was supposed to for the spring I'd put in...but now it's taken a jump. I guess I'll be looking into the fpr. Darn, it is so tight in there that just pulling the lines doesn't work for me.

;tu

If you go with the Ford rebuild kit.. DON'T use thier supplied spring.. 100+ psi FP !! or at least compare it's length with the one you have ?

I found that a Bungee.. to hold the return line back out of the way.. makes life easier whilst doing the FPR cap thing. :dunno

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58