Fuel prices are coming down.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lmao :lmao Had all barrels on a rack, outside. Dad usta charge me'n my bro $1.00 for 5 gallons.. PAYED UP FRONT.. but the money went in the " Gas Kitty" for the next Gas War.

:)sly Was that where I learned how to Syphon.. Ummmm:innocent )

Ahhh the memories ;tu ;tu

Back in the day, fuel price was not an issue,, but battery prices were. I remember parking my 1948 Plymouth on hills, so I could push it to start.
I would hate to do that today,, those cars were made like a tank... Lots of heavy steel MADE IN THE USA.

Later on, I was horrified to pay $4 to put 20 gallons of gas in the tank of my 57 Buick.

I hope to meet up with you and Doug... so we can reminisce about the good old days. We are very lucky to have enjoyed those times. I feel bad for the young guys now who never got to live in the 40's and 50's. Things started to go down hill in the 60's.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Bush, remember rationing and odd-even fill-up days? I had to run 2 sets of plates just to get gas..wow. :eek:

yup i remember those days too...and as a kid i remember saying if it
ever reaches 1.00 i would NEVER DRIVE...HAH ! Im pretty sure it hit
a dollar that summer !

and yup...you werent the only one swapping tags back and forth
for the odd/even fill up days.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day, fuel price was not an issue,, but battery prices were. I remember parking my 1948 Plymouth on hills, so I could push it to start.
I would hate to do that today,, those cars were made like a tank... Lots of heavy steel MADE IN THE USA.

Later on, I was horrified to pay $4 to put 20 gallons of gas in the tank of my 57 Buick.

I hope to meet up with you and Doug... so we can reminisce about the good old days. We are very lucky to have enjoyed those times. I feel bad for the young guys now who never got to live in the 40's and 50's. Things started to go down hill in the 60's.

Yep, Back In The Day.. I hear ya Max.

My ol' 53 Chevy got me around for alota (Girls Too) miles with a.. Might (Might Not) Start battery & 4 May Pop (Any Minute) tires.. Came in handy late in the evening with a Girl tho... If you know what I mean :sly ;) :D

Thank goodness the Portland area had alota Hills, and you could get a good Used tire for 2-3 bucks;tu

Yep, the 60's started it. But I 'member my Dad saying (after WW 2) purdy much the same things we say. One day the younger guys of today.. will be say'n the same, I'd bet.

I can Hear it: Son.. I can remember git'n a gallon of Gas, or Diesel for 3 dollars & 50 cents, Back in the Good 'Ol Days...... This World is go'n in the Crapper :lmao :lmao

I wouldn't change a Minute of my life though. It's been absolutely Grand.

We'll halfta work out a Meet somewhere along the way. I'd like ta put a Face, to a Log In Name and Shake a Hand or two.

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Back In The Day.. I hear ya Max.

My ol' 53 Chevy got me around for alota (Girls Too) miles with a.. Might (Might Not) Start battery & 4 May Pop (Any Minute) tires.. Came in handy late in the evening with a Girl tho... If you know what I mean :sly ;) :D

Thank goodness the Portland area had alota Hills, and you could get a good Used tire for 2-3 bucks;tu

Yep, the 60's started it. But I 'member my Dad saying (after WW 2) purdy much the same things we say. One day the younger guys of today.. will be say'n the same, I'd bet.

I can Hear it: Son.. I can remember git'n a gallon of Gas, or Diesel for 3 dollars & 50 cents, Back in the Good 'Ol Days...... This World is go'n in the Crapper :lmao :lmao

I wouldn't change a Minute of my life though. It's been absolutely Grand.

We'll halfta work out a Meet somewhere along the way. I'd like ta put a Face, to a Log In Name and Shake a Hand or two.

As I was telling Dave, it will have to be before late April, because we will be on the road going east in late April or early May.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I was telling Dave, it will have to be before late April, because we will be on the road going east in late April or early May.

Ya, we're taking off in July for 2-3 months, maybe more. But Who Knows.... we're taking the Lap Top.. Maybe our paths may cross. :dunno

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
;) Fully understand Inflation and all that goes with that but.... $3.00+ is still.. Hard to Handle... for us "Seasoned" guyz. (Maxtor ? Wd ?)

:lmao ;) :) :D

I pumped gas for a LONG time a couple years either side of 1980... when I started, premuim gasoline was $.56/gallon

we didn't pump diesel, but I know it was considerably cheaper.

when I bought my SuperDuty, a scant 4 years ago, diesel was $1.35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14