fuel pump on the way out?

whuisman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
F100Cleveland-

If you dealer doesn't know that a no-start-when-hot points directly at a high pressure oil system leak, take your truck somewhere else.

Letting them work on it will probably cause more damage that they won't be able to fix.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
They replaced some easy to get at sensors just to see if by chance that was the problem. They did an air test Monday and found leaks related to HPOP so they are going to tear into the HPOP to try to pinpoint the leak. The dealer only has one diesel mechanic and he allways has at least one SD in the shop so I trust him so far. I'll keep posting what they find.

whuisman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Odds are good that the snap to connect (STC) fitting is leaking. It's a known issue. The kit to fix it is around $50. To get at it, the turbo and intake need to be removed as well as the HPOP cover. It shouldn't take a good 6.0 mechanic more than 2 - 4 hours to fix.

If I was doing it, it would probably take all day since I'm nothing but a shade-tree do-it-yourselfer.

I just read back through the thread. Looks like it'll be warranty work and shouldn't cost you more than a $100 deductible.

Last edited:

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I have the 0 deductible so all I have to do is show back up with the loner fusion and get my truck. Shure am getting sick of driving a car.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Little update on my truck. Been 3 weeks and truck was still sitting in same spot in dealers shop. Shop manager is a dork and thinks I've got stupid written on my forehead every time I call or stop in. He doesn't want to put any high priced parts on it cuz he might get stuck with the cost if warranty won't cover it. I had a final phone conversation with him and ended up calling Ford custumer relationship center. The next day They have a HPOP on the way to get my truck on the road again. I feel sorry for the mechanics that work under him because they seem to know whats going on, just can't do anything without his say. Ford said I will have my truck back on Wed. and will be following up with me and the dealer. Hope their right cuz that makes a month without a truck for me. OK done venting

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update on my truck. Been 3 weeks and truck was still sitting in same spot in dealers shop. Shop manager is a dork and thinks I've got stupid written on my forehead every time I call or stop in. He doesn't want to put any high priced parts on it cuz he might get stuck with the cost if warranty won't cover it. I had a final phone conversation with him and ended up calling Ford custumer relationship center. The next day They have a HPOP on the way to get my truck on the road again. I feel sorry for the mechanics that work under him because they seem to know whats going on, just can't do anything without his say. Ford said I will have my truck back on Wed. and will be following up with me and the dealer. Hope their right cuz that makes a month without a truck for me. OK done venting

One can only hope that the inter-action between FOMOCO and the Dealer Management will trickle down to the Shop Mgr.

Wunder if some of this is due to the, IH vs Ford Divorce proceedings. Hmmm.

Anyhow.. any customer, should not have to wait a Month.. for service. IMO.

Last edited:

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many more weeks would have gone by had you not called customer relations? Are they questioning your Modded truck at all? Hopefully it really is the HPOP and you'll have her back Wed.! Remember to thank the Dork for making you wait a MONTH!!! NO MERCY for him! :rant :stir

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I wonder how many more weeks would have gone by had you not called customer relations? Are they questioning your Modded truck at all? Hopefully it really is the HPOP and you'll have her back Wed.! Remember to thank the Dork for making you wait a MONTH!!! NO MERCY for him! :rant :stir

Stock air cleaner is on and they don't know about the SCT. They thought my Insight was a chip as they called it but after I showed them my manuals on it and explained it was gauges every thing was ok. It allmost has to be the HPOP because the mechanic checked and replaced o-rings on injectors and lines.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
The good news is that you got a bunch of free stuff done. If it's not the HPOP you'll have a new one of those also! Let us know if all goes well and you get it back Wed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58