Fuel seperator Draining

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main center of dash display keeps keeps indicating Water in Fuel . I 've drained it (Fuel separator plug) several times but the water in Fuel keeps coming on. How long should I leave this screw open ? Am I not getting all the water out, I do have several intermittent electrical issues maybe there related. I need to get by just several more weeks my new FORD build date is July 26 . I have a buyer for my Harley and don't want anything to scare him off.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is corrosion in the bowl cover of the fuel filter. Ford put out a TSB on this. You need a new fuel bowl cover.

Dave

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you

No one has told me that yet. Today the monitor didn't say water in fuel I put some of that fuel conditioner with cetain in yesterday maybe that cleaned some stuff out. If I do drain it do I leave it open till fuel stops coming out ?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I drain mine until it stops. Be careful about adding alcohol based products to your truck. They are NOT good for the injectors.

Dave

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
non alchol

I know this product said non alchol I believe its the same product I used in the winter for gelling but has that cetain boost in it. I'm using up my stock of diesel products no use for them with the new gasser truck coming

Mac Land

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let it drain and check it.

I drain it and I look at what pours out threw a clear bottle, It will tell you alot if your like me and always use the same station to fill up.

But sense were on the subject I have a similar question.

I change my Oil and Filter and rotate tires every 5000 miles. I Change My Air filter and Fuel filter every 10,000. My fuel filter looks like I just put it in every time. So about 7000 miles ago I went for drive to Colorado in -5 weather. I used the Motorcraft Cetain no freeze additive. Then yesterday I change the filter and its dark and dirty for the first time.

Next time I’m going to clean it right after I do any additive also I’m going to start changing it every 5000.

I’m also noticing that im doing a regen every 150miles and It use to be every 390 or so.

Rob

2008 F250 6.4L Diesel 2x4 Crew with 43,000miles

Last edited:

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let it drain

Well I was doing it wrong all along I never let it all drain out . I figured just open it let some out close it up I thought it would drain the tank . So the lights not on today must have done it right.. THANKS EVERYONE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58