fuel supplement???

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering which diesel fuel additive i should be using. The local store by me only carries the power service brand(grey and white bottles), and stp diesel fuel additive. I bought the power service white bottle (diesel fuel supplement + cetane boost) @ 6.99. I wanted to know if this is the right stuff or if any of you guys swear by something better. I know you guys have probably gone over this a thousand times....I did try looking through back threads. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Hope this doesnt seem like a recycled thread to all you who have been here for a while. ::) THANX

Fine69

Reaction score
I use Fords Cetane boost. The last time my truck went in for a new turbo the service manager told me Ford recommends using it. I'm sure he was just trying to sell additives, but my friend owns the dealership so I get it at cost.

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
I use Fords Cetane boost. The last time my truck went in for a new turbo the service manager told me Ford recommends using it. I'm sure he was just trying to sell additives, but my friend owns the dealership so I get it at cost.

That stuff is awesome. I use it in my 7.3. It quieted the injectors and picked me up another 1.5 mpg. PN is PM-22-A which is 6.99 msrp a bottle. Most dealers sell it for less.

Poor fuel cetane and extended idling is the leading cause of EGR problems on 6.0 engines. Most fuel is 40 cetane or less. The 6.0 was designed to run on 47-52 cetane.

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to argue, but I ran the Cetane boost a couple of tanks... didn't see anything change on mine.

I'd like to know how they can design an engine to run a fuel that isn't available. I mean really...

Fine69

Reaction score
Not to argue, but I ran the Cetane boost a couple of tanks... didn't see anything change on mine.

I'd like to know how they can design an engine to run a fuel that isn't available. I mean really...

I've been using Ford's cetane boost for over a year and I haven't noticed any change at all. Although it may be keeping the EGR clean.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14