Fuel System Mods questions

02excursion73

02excursion73
Reaction score
I am a new to this site. I have owned an 02 Excursion 7.3PSD for about a year. Would like to know more about the fuel system mods I have read about
on various sites. Looking to reduce noise, smooth out the idle and to just make the engine run better. I am getting an occational knock at idle - usually happens before complete warm up. Some days she is louder than others during warm up.
Have done the following mods to date:
Zoodad, IH Blue CPS, Motorcraft AIS, Oil crossover line, 203 degree thermo,
V10 trans cooler.
I only run 500PPM diesel or B5 fuel. She was reallly noisy on the 15PPM stuff.
Am using Rotella 5W40 synthetic and a Motorcraft filter - used to use Rotella 15W40. Come to think of it - have not heard the idle knock since the oil change to synthetic. The fuel filter is fresh.
Bill (CHP Mustang) recommends the ITP in tank mod and an additional fuel pump (pre pump mod?) to bring up fuel pressure.
What about the "Air Hog" system - worth the money?

Thanks,
Brian

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome to the community Brian:sweet

I'd do the in tank modification and the pre pump filter.The ITP regulated fuel return will also enable you to adjust the fuel pressure to the proper level,I run 70-72 psi on a regular basis using the poor man shim method;)

Fill out your Signature when you get a chance:cool:

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community Brian:sweet

I'd do the in tank modification and the pre pump filter.The ITP regulated fuel return will also enable you to adjust the fuel pressure to the proper level,I run 70-72 psi on a regular basis using the poor man shim method;)

Will the "washer method" work for us OBS guys?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58