Fuel Tank Leak!!!

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i just put a new hitch on my truck and when i was under it i noticed a pretty good leak coming from my rear tank...does anyone know of somwhere i can get a new one?? not from a dealer... :dunno

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
i just put a new hitch on my truck and when i was under it i noticed a pretty good leak coming from my rear tank...does anyone know of somwhere i can get a new one?? not from a dealer... :dunno

HERE

I Googled "Ford fuel tanks" and found that link..........there were many others as well.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
awsome!!! thanks
Youre welcome, you might also look into a bronco fuel tank, they are 33 gallons I believe and fit right between the frame rails, you will have to relocate your spare and prolly modify the sending unit etc etc............. but it seems to be a popular retrofit for a bad rear fuel tank. Check into a comapny called "Transferflow" as well, they offer fuel tanks but they are spendy.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bronco tank needs a bronco sending unit and bronco straps other wise it bolts right in but yes you do loose your spare tire mounting under the bed of the truck.

jc whitney as some plastic ones in their catalog I don't recall if they had the rear tank for these trucks.

you can always visit any junk yard and get a rear tank for an f150 also just stick your sending unit it it but there is some variance in the size of the rear tanks so you might loose a gallon or 2.

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that whatever tank you get to put in there is not galvanized (does not play well with diesel fuel!). Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14