Fumoto Valve

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought myself a fumoto valve for the truck a couple days ago to install when I did an oil change. I am hoping to make the changes a little easier. It takes a while to get the oil from a 5gal bucket back into the 1gal jugs that it comes in to take it to the recyclers. The International dealer said that they stopped carrying them because they are dangerous for a motor if it gets damaged or knocked off...I guess it needs oil to operate!! :roflmao So I bought it somewhere else.

I know that it hangs 2" below the pan and could get hit by something. I do have a 4x4 so it is given a little protection by the front axle.

Does anyone else have one of these, and if so, have you had any problems with it?:dunno

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive got one and I suspect I drive in worse conditions than most folks do (large rocks that DO bump the front differential, deeply rutted roads etc etc)and I havent ever had a problem with it. I love it for oil changes. And as far as damaging the motor on oil loss, that wont happen. You will lose oil pressure and the injectors will stop firing before you harm the rotating assembly inside the engine.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am betting that I will get good use out of it.

95_stroker said:
And as far as damaging the motor on oil loss, that wont happen. You will lose oil pressure and the injectors will stop firing before you harm the rotating assembly inside the engine.

That is why I love this site. :hail You get the straight scoop!

95_stroker said:
Ive got one and I suspect I drive in worse conditions than most folks do (large rocks that DO bump the front differential, deeply rutted roads etc etc)

The worst driving condition that my truck sees is a construction zone. I am still trying to justify the extra expense for the 4x4 to the wife.:rolleyes:

fgtex

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
fgtex said:
Does anyone else have one of these, and if so, have you had any problems with it?:dunno

I do and it has been problem free. I purchased a hose clamp the fits the groove near the lever. Although the lever is on a spring and has to be moved for the oil to flow, the hose clamp is another level of protection while driving. I heard the same warnings from the guy who used to change my oil. I don't go there anymore...I change it myself...cause it's so easy and mess free with the valve.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Ive got one and I suspect I drive in worse conditions than most folks do (large rocks that DO bump the front differential, deeply rutted roads etc etc)and I havent ever had a problem with it. I love it for oil changes. And as far as damaging the motor on oil loss, that wont happen. You will lose oil pressure and the injectors will stop firing before you harm the rotating assembly inside the engine.

Echo. If you change your own oil, get a Fumoto. Period. No mess oil changes. Driveway stays clean. No problems with my valve.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I will cast my vote for the Fumoto Valve. I have had mine since the frist oil change and I love it. No hastles or drips. I just slide a 5 gallon container under it and drain away.

Dave

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Another :thumbs for the Fumoto Drain Valve. Had one on my '95 and it was the first thing I ordered for the '06.

No more hot oil running down my arm into the armpit causing the knee jerk reaction to sit up and knock myself silly on the tranny and have to goto the hospital and have the doctor say "pulled another Tool Man Taylor today did ya?"........don't ask :cussing:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jharvey said:
No more hot oil running down my arm into the armpit causing the knee jerk reaction to sit up and knock myself silly on the tranny and have to goto the hospital and have the doctor say "pulled another Tool Man Taylor today did ya?"........don't ask :cussing:

Now I'd pay good money to see that.

I've got one that'll be going on with the next oil change. As far as it getting knocked open I think it's highly unlikely and has already been mentioned the engine quits running when low on oil just visit the 94-97 forums when the oil dipstick tube nut comes loose it really runs like crud.

If I get overzealous I'll rig up some sort of protection either a tube welded around it or a roll cage of sorts.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
BJS said:
If I get overzealous I'll rig up some sort of protection either a tube welded around it or a roll cage of sorts.

No need to be overzealous...get a hose clamp that will fit in the groove by the lever. Not the standard hose clamp, but the metal loop with bent handle ends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58