Help Needed Fuse 45 keeps blowing

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had no throttle, figured it to be the throttle position sensor, replaced and no difference. Saw a thread in 7.3L section that indicated fuse #45 was in that circuit. Replaced it and sure enough, I had throttle (and dash gauges) again!!!

I was feeling pretty good until driving today. Sometimes, when I pull up and stop, still in drive and engine still on, the fuse blows. Not always, but 4 times today!!! Why?:dunno

Found the 4p wiring diagram (from library post, nice!) and fuse 45 feeds 4 lines:
1. APCM - aux powertrain control module
2. clutch pedal position sensor (I don't have a manual tranny, though)
3. Overdrive cancel switch
4. Throttle Pedal position sensor (looks like accelerator pedal switch, not potentiometer circuit)

What should I be checking to try to find this gremlin? Any thoughts on how to diagnose would be greatly appreciated. My wife thinks I should take it to the dealer, and I'm not so sure that is a fiscally responsible thing to do. :eek:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dennis, it is in the General area, and is a sticky. I figured out this problem (thanks for your help!) and posted the stuff under "Throttle Position Sensor" in the 99-03 7.3L section. It is pretty slick!!!

Incidentally, the problem *was* a chafed wire, one of 3 for the OD switch. Removed it all last night and fixed it with a butt splice connector (couldn't find the soldering iron, I love moving) and taped it up good. We drove around after I put it "sorta" back together and so far so good! I'll have to put the rest of the steering column assy back together still, if that cured the issue.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14