Question fuse keeps blowing

billydalebernard

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new on here and have a 97 7.3L Powerstroke. Engine went out while I was driving the other day. Cranks well but wont turn over. Replaced blown fuse green 30 amp maxi in the back. Started right up, warmed up great. Drove for about 2 minutes and that fuse blew once again. Have powerstroke exaust brakes on it, some guys said that may have something to do with it. Any ideas?

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does the fuse run? I bet its the fuel heater its very common for the fuel heater to come loose and short out about half way down the side on the drivers side of the fuel bowl is a wire connector that needs to be disconnected

mojoman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dissconnect the fuel heater at the fuel bowl and replace the fuse...I suffer from CRS...but I think #22 or #30 fuse in the engine compartment...hth

mojo

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds like the fuel heater fuse to me too. Disconnect it and you will be good to go but since you live in Wyoming I would replace the heater when you get a chance so you don't have problems when it gets cold next winter.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to replace it and it might not be a bad idea out there I think there is a thread around here or over on oilburners about upgrading to the superduty heater its less likely to cause you problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58