Future plans. Injectors???

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have made a list for finishing up my upgrades on my truck. I wont have my exhaust or wicked wheel installed unitll the first of May, but they have been ordered.

AFE Stage II
Adrenaline HPOP
Stage I injectors
Superchips's propane system

Any other suggestions??

Also, what injectors would you buy? I really like to hear guys that have bought them themselves and hear their testimony. I'm not really interested in Swamps unless somebody that has them in their truck tells me experience with them.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well found swamps OFFICIAL site. Sounds like a good deal. Haven't found anyone yet that will allow you to send the core back AFTER you receive the product. Still like to hear someone experience on theses. Thanks

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
talk to Jim @ diy-injectors.com. i have run 2 sets of injectors and loved both of them. both sets we bought the kit and built ourselves to save on money, but he does build and ship injectors as well. Jim is AWESOME!!! :hail

everything looks good on your list, but i'm not sure i'd pay the $$$ for that propane system. think i'd go with water/meth instead to help keep things cool while towing.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asked the guys over at Swamps about their injectors...

"The split shot injectors are about my least favorite injector...even stock split shots (like "AB" &
"AD" injs)...use a lot of high pressure oil to operate.

Our S175/146 injectors are still a split shot injector, and they do use even more high pressure
oil than a stock (AB or AD) injector...which is why I don't really like them...

the only "good" thing about the S175/146 injectors is that they will operate perfectly with the
factory programming (no chip or programmer)...and they will also operate perfectly with the
"generic" programmers & chips on the market (Edge, Superchips, etc)...

If you have a chip on the truck that we can reprogram (such as a TS Performance or
Bullydog chip)...then I would seriously consider doing a set of our 175 SINGLE shot injectors
(175/146)<<no "S"...

the single shot 175s will increase the fuel economy 2-3mpg over any stock split shot
injector...but the single shots do require a custom tuned chip to run the injectors properly.

take care~

Dave Armstrong"

And he said he would re-program my chip at no charge. But I think I'm going to get my use out of these.....or if I have the money to play with which I doubt it with a little one on the way.

Last edited:

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
Swamps, Casserly, Jim Rose(diy-injectors), and Nate @ unlimited all build some very good injectors.

i have had 2 sets from Jim. i upgraded to stage 1's the first time(160cc w/ stock nozzles) and i liked them a lot. were good for 352hp/731tq w/ the stock turbo. then i upgraded from those to stage 2's(160cc/80% larger than stock nozzles). i like these injectors a lot as well. they moved the power range up the RPM range a bit and made 380hp/870tq on the same stage 1 tuning. getting it retuned for the stage 2's tomorrow live by Tony so we will see if he can bring it alive any more. :D

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swamps, Casserly, Jim Rose(diy-injectors), and Nate @ unlimited all build some very good injectors.

i have had 2 sets from Jim. i upgraded to stage 1's the first time(160cc w/ stock nozzles) and i liked them a lot. were good for 352hp/731tq w/ the stock turbo. then i upgraded from those to stage 2's(160cc/80% larger than stock nozzles). i like these injectors a lot as well. they moved the power range up the RPM range a bit and made 380hp/870tq on the same stage 1 tuning. getting it retuned for the stage 2's tomorrow live by Tony so we will see if he can bring it alive any more. :D

What kind of fuel milage change did you see with the stage 1's & 2's. I'm trying to accomplish a more powerful truck while increasing mpg. Thanks;tu

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont make the same mistake i did..i love my sticks but i should have gone with a set of 238's or 250 hybrids and had them detuned for the mods i have now...now that i got the Adrenaline and doing a complete fuel system with a sump and a fuel lab i want more and need to buy bigger sticks..i thought i would be happy with 400 HP but now i want 500 HP..these truck are just too much fun to drive...

im getting 18 MPG with my sticks now..my girlfriend gets 20 when she drives it..but the truck scares her on full power..maybe a set of 238's will keep her out of my truck lol...

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I've done thought about having enough oil pressure to run higher performance injectors. Thats why I got the hpop listed BEFORE the injectors. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58