FW Owners

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
my wife and i bought a new camper in may of last year, after useing it for the summer, we have decieded the floor plan just doesnt work and have decieded to find another one.
We have choosen a a Sierra 335RGT, or a Sierra 345RET
second choice is a Challenger 345SAQ.
My question to anyone is, what model do you have, and what would you change if you were doing this again, please try to think of the little things, like better drawer slides, vents, sewer pulls, as well as the everyday living space use items, counter top space, larger fridge, etc.
We have a perm site, so our use might be different than yours, but please concider what you would change, to make the camper better, for you, what do you find important? thanks.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an old Terry FW -- 2002 model I think. Obviously a lower class than what you're looking at, but maybe some hints nonetheless.

Here's what I'd change about it:

* I'd like to be able to stand up EVERYWHERE.
* Kitchen in the middle (above axles)
* King Bed
* Counterspace -- do they ever put enough in these?
* Larger waste tanks -- Maybe some kind of flush device built-in too
* Cabinet Space -- for stuff like towels, linens, misc stuff like that.

We find our camper to be a bit small for us -- family of 5 with 3 little ones....get's cramped when we're inside for the night..

We haven't camped REALLY extensively, but we're chaning that this year. 7 - 8 weeks between March & July...can't wait.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
Thanks for you info, have you thought about a seasonal site? Here in S.D. the state park hot line is a bunch of crap to deal with, after trying out a seasonal site last summer, we found this to be a much better experence, our state parks are almost all the same, so now our seasonal site is more like a lake cabin, with no set up or tear down, great friends, and just a mile to the boat ramp. Cost is much cheaper too, figures out to 1.98 per day. just a thought.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each family's needs are different. We purchased a 2007 Wildcat 29rlbs, that is just right for the two of us. The quality is great, plenty of head room, lots of drawers, and closet space. It sets level when pulled with our 2006 PSD. If you have young children, you might want one with bunk beds, and other features for children.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not full timers but we do live in our fifth wheel for 3 to 6 mo out of the year. We moved in on DEC. 31 of 2007 and will be in it to April 1st when we will spend a few days at our stick home in AR. We have trips planed this year.
My wife likes to cook and we have yet to find a trailer with to much counter top space. We do have the sink cover that helps give a little more counter space.
We looked long and hard to get what we wanted. We have a 2004 35 RLTG HitchHiker. It has 3 slide out rooms and gives you enough room in the living room and kitchen to dance if you want to.
The one thing we don't like about it is when the rooms are all closed up for a road trip you can't get to the frig. with out putting one of the slides out.
We do have one of the biggest frig. with out going to the side by side. We found out that the side by side is not as deep as the one we have.
I will try to answer any question you have if you want to PM me.
Good luck on finding the one you and the wife can live with.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
Our current camper is a 07 Couger 291rls, for just the two of us it works pretty good, the problem comes in whan the kids or friends come out, i have to step on the bed to get out, I'm always up before anyone else. also have had some ware problems, with this unit, I dont think its made for more than recreational use. My wife and i will be stepping up in campers to have more comfort, and more space.
What about bathrooms? I'm the kind of guy that stands up first, then reach down and pull the drawers up, our current camper, you almost have to turn sideways to pull up the pants. The all in one bath, fits the bill for me, but the wife likes them to be seperate.
In your bathrooms, do you have enough space or would you choose something different?

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bathroom on ours is a walk though, with the pot on the street
side and inclosed with plenty of room to stand up.

PM Sent.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14