Galveston Vacation

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife, baby, and I will be taking a little vacation before planting season. We have a condo rented for a week in Galveston, TX, and will be driving there. I have driven this trip straight though many times, but this will be a little different. Plan is to get to the inlaws in Minneapolis the first night (6 hours), then TRY to make it to my aunt's in Dallas the next night (14 hours). We have an extra day in the schedule in case we can't make it all the way there, and if we do we will stay in Dallas 2 nights. After that it's a short 4.5 hours to Galveston. Obviously we will have to stop a lot, with a 6 month old and all, was looking for ideas of peaceful spots along the way. I'd also be open to ideas of more things to do in Galveston, if anyone has been there.

Thanks
Krist

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to Texas.........

I enjoy Galveston ok but am pretty sure I wouldn't drive all the way from the Canadian border to vacation there unless I was killing several birds with one stone. :)

FWIW......the North California coast is about the same distance. :)

Tbar

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The Northern California coast, above SF, is absolutely breath taking. I live in Mendocino County and we have some very nice coastal areas for rv-ing and camping. Humbolt County has as pretty coastal and inland areas, as well. I am very prejudice. so don't take my work. Check it out.

Dave :thumbs

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's next on my list. I have an aunt in Lodi that I have been meaning to go visit for a while. This time next year I am sure you will be reading a thread titled "wine country, then what?", so you will have a whole year to think about it, Dave.

This will be my 4th trip to galveston, I just really enjoy it down there for some reason, who knows why. Last time I was there I was right at the end of my college time, I was in galveston for a few days, when I got the idea I wanted to drive down to south padre and check it out. I was there one night, and I went back to galveston, played mini golf and fished for the rest of the trip. I just couldn't handle south padre, even at 22 I was too old for all that.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Wife, baby, and I will be taking a little vacation before planting season. We have a condo rented for a week in Galveston, TX, and will be driving there. I have driven this trip straight though many times, but this will be a little different. Plan is to get to the inlaws in Minneapolis the first night (6 hours), then TRY to make it to my aunt's in Dallas the next night (14 hours). We have an extra day in the schedule in case we can't make it all the way there, and if we do we will stay in Dallas 2 nights. After that it's a short 4.5 hours to Galveston. Obviously we will have to stop a lot, with a 6 month old and all, was looking for ideas of peaceful spots along the way. I'd also be open to ideas of more things to do in Galveston, if anyone has been there.

Thanks
Krist
WOW thats some drive
not sure how you can make galveston from dallas in 4.5 hrs, even with the 75 mph limits...be careful
and welcome to texas for a visit
your new baby is going to think your nuts ....14 hrs
:sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58