Question Garage Door Opener Receivers

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Liftmaster remotes, have remotes with 4 buttons for the shop doors, get allot of the stuff on ebay for dirt cheap. They make some universal receiver stuff that will work with remotes of their regular doors too.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill, FWIW ?

Our opener was doing the same thing.

I ended up replacing the whole Drive unit (yesterday). It was 8-10 years old.. Fiber gears were worn to where there was enough slack to trip the micro-switches.. un-commanded, even after doing adjustments. Just tired I guess.

You might wana drop yer shroud and check the gearing :dunno

I had a 1/2" of gear dust in mine.

Joe

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The house I just bought has that kit installed on my well aged unit. It works rather well for me and I have found that the intellicode is rather nice if you go to openers in various places.

The opener in my car opens:
My garage door
2 doors @ my dad's house
2 doors @ mom's house
1 door @ my aunts house
1 gate @ friends farm
1 Door @ my house

Keep in mind that to program any of these you have to have access to the head unit but it's nice to only have one remote. I'll stick with the opener I have for a while or until it dies because it actually has a nice large motor driving the unit.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The house I just bought has that kit installed on my well aged unit. It works rather well for me and I have found that the intellicode is rather nice if you go to openers in various places.

The opener in my car opens:
My garage door
2 doors @ my dad's house
2 doors @ mom's house
1 door @ my aunts house
1 gate @ friends farm
1 Door @ my house

Were you messing my with my garage door the other day too?:watchout

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I finally got around to fart with the garage door opener today,I come to find out that the Genie Promax Unit itself has a built in receiver so I don't need to purchase a new stand alone receiver to replace the pos Linear model :CRAZY

I scored a pair of new Genie mini remotes to work with the Promax motor for $30.;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14