Question gas meter no working..

mike7.3d

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how many gallons is the fuel tank on my 02 f350.???? my gas meter doesnt tell the right reading. goes up and down by its self. so i juss fill up ever 200miles. but i want to know for sure how big my tank is to be on da safe side until i fix it.
thanks.:dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
short bed is 29 gal and long bed is 38

before 2002, the short bed was only 26 gal.

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,

My 2002 F350 will 4x4 CC SB 29 gallon does the same thing. While under warranty, nearing the end of the 3 yr/36000 bumper to bumper warranty I took it to the dealer to get this problem corrected. Well, of course they couldn't get the gauge to do this for them. I take the truck home discussed and what do you know the problem was there for me. I never made it back to the dealer so I guess I'm still stuck for this repair one day. I honestly bielieve if I were paying for the repair, the dealer would have somehow noticed and fixed the problem.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Mike,

My 2002 F350 will 4x4 CC SB 29 gallon does the same thing. While under warranty, nearing the end of the 3 yr/36000 bumper to bumper warranty I took it to the dealer to get this problem corrected. Well, of course they couldn't get the gauge to do this for them. I take the truck home discussed and what do you know the problem was there for me. I never made it back to the dealer so I guess I'm still stuck for this repair one day. I honestly bielieve if I were paying for the repair, the dealer would have somehow noticed and fixed the problem.

funny you should say that...i've had the same problem with my '02 as well. the damn thing would bounce around all over the place and you never really knew what was in your tank. took it in once under the regular warranty and they said the sending unit was bad. and of course the problem still existed. just recently, i took it back in and it ended up being the instrument cluster that is connected to the gauge. extended warranty co. covered it and now all is well.

dmd

Reaction score
Clip the tank vents and you can get the tank full to the top with no
problems... I have put 30-gals in during a fill :) The 3/4 full mark
is when it is really at 1/2-tank now that I can put more in easily. Could
top it off before, but took a long time to get past the foam.

While there do the in-tank by-pass mods and remove the mixer valve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14