Gauge kits

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well Im doin research on gauge kits. I want a 3 or 4 gauge pillar pod. So far autometer is the way to go it looks like but I saw ISSPRO makes them and also Glowshift. What are you guys usin or what would you recommend? I like the glowshifts cause they are cheaper BUT they are half the price of the autometers and isspro's. Cheaper isnt always better. Also how far should my boost gauge go? I see you can buy a 30#, 40# and 60# gauge. I aint buildin my truck for racing or anything, just mainly towing. You can see in my sig what I got. If anything I would go for some bigger injectors later on and diff turbo maybe?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I've got a 4 gauge pilar w/Autometers.

My boost gauge goes to about 35 lbs boost. Anything more than that, and you won't get as much needle movement. If you're building 30 lbs of boost, the needle won't go as far around the gauge on a 50 lbs or 60 lbs as you will with a gauge with 35 lbs boost.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
So 35lbs is plenty in a boost gauge for my truck? How much boost these trucks make on average?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
So 35lbs is plenty in a boost gauge for my truck? How much boost these trucks make on average?

You could make more, but it'll take injectors that flow like a fire hose and a really, really big (i.e. expensive) turbocharger. Oh yeah, and new head gaskets and head studs or you will start seeing things coming thru the hood that you'd rather not see. :eek::eek:

Even with the stuff I have (see sig), I don't think I've ever seen more than 28 (or maybe 30 max under ideal conditions) or so.

For somebody that
I aint buildin my truck for racing or anything,
a 35 lbs boost gauge should be perfect.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Ok. Right now just seein who has the best prices for the autometers. I was lookin into the glowshifts but that price is one of those "you get what you paid for" prices that im just not comfortable with. I read mixed reviews on them and most said if they bought gauges again theyd go with autometer or isspro. So far Jegs and summit are pretty reasonable. I found one place that wanted $600! Thats rediculous how much they are marked up. Even the ones for $315 are probably marked up pretty good too.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am partial to Isspro... EV or EV2 if your on a budget, or Performax if you really want to have it easy. I only have 17 in the cab thou...lol

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Autometers in my truck for about 250k with no issues. I have the 3 pod pillar set (they weren't making a 4 pod when I got mine, or I would've got one of those) with a pyrometer, boost, and a combo' tranny/diff' gauge.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Didnt know they made a combo trans/diff gauge? How do you like that? I assume its more expensive?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14