Gauge Question

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
I'm in the market for gauges and I've been looking at some...

I think the standard white w/ black are rather cheezy lol. I like digital read outs... does anybody know if I can get them so they display #'s like 1125 for pyro?

These are the gauges I'm looking for - Pyro, Tranny Temp, Boost.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Summit and Jegs carry digital gauges. One thing to keep in mind with digital gauges. They are harder to read at speed. You're busy driving, probably wide open throttle while trying to read them. Rather than seeing a needle move along a dial you're mind has to comprehend numbers. JMO

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
I thought #'s would be easier to comprehend. LOL I have a problem when I look at a clock determining exactly what time it is hahaa. I'm not stupid, you can tell by my grammar, spelling and how I talk. BUT it just seems easier to look at a digital read out rather then decipher what is being shown by little numbers and a needle.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few options... the overhead is autometer with Blue LED's from ITP, the A pillar is Autometer lunars (I dont like them... They are being replaced with Isspro EV line) the dash pod is Isspro with Blue LED's from ITP...

Also have green LED's too...(just changed to the Blue)

BTW... I live for gauge threads...:roflmao :roflmao :thanks

I added a volts shot before the led's... They make the numbers show up so much better!!!

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a overhead pod I just built for a bud... Installing this week... Isspro EV...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
Summit and Jegs carry digital gauges. One thing to keep in mind with digital gauges. They are harder to read at speed. You're busy driving, probably wide open throttle while trying to read them. Rather than seeing a needle move along a dial you're mind has to comprehend numbers. JMO

darn i have to agree with bryan,:D
plus
being an aviator we choose needles over numbers, out of the corner of our eye you know if its in a green range, we also arrange all gauges so the pointers are the in the same plane in the GREEN range so if they are all straight up, we know we are good.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
darn i have to agree with bryan,:D
plus
being an aviator we choose needles over numbers, out of the corner of our eye you know if its in a green range, we also arrange all gauges so the pointers are the in the same plane in the GREEN range so if they are all straight up, we know we are good.

Drag racers use the same trick. I am also a pilot and I like needles over numbers.

Dave :D

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Maintain said:
... does anybody know if I can get them so they display #'s like 1125 for pyro?

These are the gauges I'm looking for - Pyro, Tranny Temp, Boost.

SPA Gauges, I've seen pics of users with pyro readings over 2000 degrees. I believe they have some with audible redline warnings.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58