Gauge warnings

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I just got my recon xzt gauge and was curious as what I should set the warning parameters at for Boost, EGT, and Trans. I know for EGT it should be 1250 and for tranny somewhere around 200-210 IIRC. Some one correct me if I'm wrong on these. I'm not sure about the boost though. If someone could give me some numbers as to what to set it at that would be apriciated. Thanks in advance

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock turbo on a superduty can go to about 25lbs. When I am in it, I back off at 22lbs. Aftermarket, don't know.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Stock turbo on a superduty can go to about 25lbs. When I am in it, I back off at 22lbs. Aftermarket, don't know.

ok are the turbos different from OBS than they are for SD? I know SD has wastegate. Diesel Kineval, I think I asked before, but when you set the gauge up, did you use the 99-03 set-up in the selection menu on the gauge? Also, Is it the middle wire of the MAP sensor that you splice into? Thanks for the help!;tu:hail

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
ok are the turbos different from OBS than they are for SD? I know SD has wastegate. Diesel Kineval, I think I asked before, but when you set the gauge up, did you use the 99-03 set-up in the selection menu on the gauge? Also, Is it the middle wire of the MAP sensor that you splice into? Thanks for the help!;tu:hail

Yes the OBS and SD turbos are different. in the OBS you dont want to get more than 30 PSI if you want it alive for long time. And Im confused about the wire that you want to know where to splice into.:dunno. The boost is pressure and you can install the tube in the MAP HOSE with a "T".

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Yes the OBS and SD turbos are different. in the OBS you dont want to get more than 30 PSI if you want it alive for long time. And Im confused about the wire that you want to know where to splice into.:dunno. The boost is pressure and you can install the tube in the MAP HOSE with a "T".

ok, thanks for the turbo info. The Recon XZT gauge that I got is digital. It uses a signal from the map sensor to get a reading insted of actual air pressure like a standard analog boost gauge

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the turbo info. The Recon XZT gauge that I got is digital. It uses a signal from the map sensor to get a reading insted of actual air pressure like a standard analog boost gauge

ahh, you always learn something every day. :innocent

thank you:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58