Gauges and pods

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, my guess would be leaves blown from truck exhaust, and locking doors so the neighbor can't get in and park on you...

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Di Pricol Gauges I bought from ITP it was good service with quick delivery and the gauges were perfect for my truck. I got the Trans Temp, Boost, And Egt Gauges with the 3 pod A pillar and the spray paint to finish it off. It was a liitle high but it looks like something from the factory.

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are most of you selecting a trans temp gauge when the truck already has one? Is the factory gauge that far off.

I see a lot are installing a fuel pressure gauge. Is filter clog a problem?

Just gathering info before I buy any other thoughts would help.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the conformation on the need for a temp guage.

Years ago my brohter inlaw was a parts manager at a Ford dealer. A customer bought a new truck drove it 10 miles to his house and the gauge showed overheating. Took it in for service and they bent the needle so it would not show an over heat again. I guess nothing has changed at Ford.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the conformation on the need for a temp guage.

Years ago my brohter inlaw was a parts manager at a Ford dealer. A customer bought a new truck drove it 10 miles to his house and the gauge showed overheating. Took it in for service and they bent the needle so it would not show an over heat again. I guess nothing has changed at Ford.

and NOTHING has, apparently, changed at the dealer !

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, do you guys SERIOUSLY drill the manifold for the pyrometer with the manifold ON the truck? Ouch, Maybe im way off here or way to cautious, but IMO, thats a good way to have to buy a new turbo. Unless of course there is something Im missing??

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know there has been a couple of threads about to drill or not drill the manifold. I drilled my manifold and have had no problems, but there are those horror stories.:eek:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yes, do some research. a couple of the techniques is to use like vaseline or some type of sticky substance to attract the shavings. use a sharp bit in stages (sizes) and drill slowly. to have the motor even running.

i am sure some guys may chime in here and give their advice..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14