Gauges and pods

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dangit Bush! That's where I bought the exhaust. Looks like I gotta make another call and gets me one o dem deer discounts!!!!!

im tellin' ya' das a good bunch !

ive done biz w/ dppi (mbrp exhaust), itp (autoenginuity),
dieselsite (coolant filter), dieselmanor (08 finned rear diff cover)...
there aint a bad one in the bunch !

JRJ04

Reaction score
diprocl and isspro are really good quality gauges. I just ordered the kit from dieselmanor that has isspro boost, egt, and tranny with the pod and necessary installation parts. I think dieselmanor is about the best becuase its all in a kit...you dont have to worry with buying individual parts...its all included and in my opinion at a fair price

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you drill the exhaust manifold? Is it at a point that sees both banks?

What method do you use while drilling to keep chips out of the turbo?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Where do you drill the exhaust manifold? Is it at a point that sees both banks?

What method do you use while drilling to keep chips out of the turbo?

The left side manifold is drilled on the underside at the rear end of it. The chips will all fall out due to gravity. Drill in steps to keep the chips small and use a magnet at the end to pull any small chips out.

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roy Boy
Isn't there a place where you can place the probe to see both side? Seeing only one side don't give any indication of a combustion problem on the other side.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The left side manifold is drilled on the underside at the rear end of it. The chips will all fall out due to gravity. Drill in steps to keep the chips small and use a magnet at the end to pull any small chips out.

And if you're feeling froggy you can do it with the truck running and they will blow right back out thru the hole you are drilling. Safety glasses are in order. :D

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you're feeling froggy you can do it with the truck running and they will blow right back out thru the hole you are drilling. Safety glasses are in order. :D

I would suggest locking the doors and blocking the tires if you are thinking about this idea. Especially if you blew some leaves on your neighbors yard this fall. :eek:

Just drill with multiple bits as said. Use a shop vac to suck out what you can. Tap as required and then start the truck and let it idle, do not give any throttle, just let it idle, any other chips will either blow out the hole, or bypass the turbo. I was very worried about this too, but this was the advice I was given, and they knew what they were talking about.

Barrett

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roy Boy
Isn't there a place where you can place the probe to see both side? Seeing only one side don't give any indication of a combustion problem on the other side.

FWIW, my issopro egt is in the drivers side, my edge is in the passenger side. I guess you could get two guages to check either side. Would give you more guages, more light at night! :sweet

Barrett

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I would suggest locking the doors and blocking the tires if you are thinking about this idea. Especially if you blew some leaves on your neighbors yard this fall. :eek:

Not sure I understand your reply to my post. The method I described works well. What do neighbors, leaves, and blocking tires have to do with it? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14