Gauges or monitor w/ SCT

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
I plan on getting a SCT II, but i really would like a good monitor to go with it. But if gauges are better I will get a triple pillar.

Any Thoughts?

PowerTech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the moniters are nice. i would have one in a heart beat. i did not like the idea personaly of having a bulky 3 gauge pillar mount set up. i did not want that thing in my line of sight all the time. i could see it for drag racing but for me in my work truck it was a bit much. so i got the cubbie hole mount,and i am very pleased with it. but i would rather have the digital moniter mounted on the pilar. it is nice and small ,not so intrusive and very easy to see still.

so that s my two cents cubbie hole regular gauges or the X moniter or out look moniter .

link to X-moniter. http://www.dieselperformance.com/ford/product.php?pn=XMonitor Digital Gauges&tt=ford

link to outlook. http://www.autoanything.com/generic_pages/product_image.aspx?p_id=2021&g_id=1880

that outlook looks very nice.

Last edited:

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are the outlook and x monitor just as accurate as the regular gauges from autometer or isspro? I too am debating on which gauges to get or if I should get a monitor like you said. Decisions, decisions. So many possibilities, so little money.

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
At one time I had a four gauge pillar pod. It was way too huge! I had Autometer Z series gauges in it and the two Pyros were very slow to react. I now use the Quadzilla Commander...it is very nice and a little bigger than the Attitude or Outlook monitor. It works as a stand alone gauge so you dont need to run any modules for it to work like Edge. We sell alot of these for guys with stock trucks that haul heavy...TS Headsup display works the same, and it too is very nice. If you get analog gauges I would recomend Isspro or Dipricol. I just had a bad experience with autometer....but thats just my opinion.

p.s. Quadzilla will have a pillar pod for the commander in the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Patrick

PowerTech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
in my experience with gauges. digitals are very acurate. but i would not wory to much about it. i would not let acuracy be the deciding factor because there all going to be good enough for what we are doing with them. it is not the space shuttle it is a pick up truck. all of the name brand gauges should be very good.

cost was the deciding factor in my gauge choice. i got white face gauges for trany temp and boost from Gaffrig and Livorsi
http://www.gaffrigperformance.com/Products/gauges.cfm?theSubCategory=35

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/mechanical_gauges.htm

i got these brands because we own a marine repair shop and get them cheap and they are very high quality maine . fancy race boat stuff. there were only like 35 bucks each our cost . got them from lewis marine in Fort Lauderdale.

i got the EGT gauge from ebay because it was the cheapest i could find and it matched the other gauges i got. it is made the the USA and it is only 100 bucks with the probe you cant beat that, it is very nice suprisingly high quality not a ebay scam at all.very fast acting also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MK1-...ategoryZ6755QQihZ006QQitemZ160039243552QQrdZ1

Last edited:

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I REALLY like my X-Monitor! I believe it is just as accurate, no reason it should not be.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard of stepper motor gauges by autometer? I haven't really seen anybody post anything about these type of gauges. Any good? I can see how the pillar pod might get in the way of your line of sight, plus I would like to keep that handle to help me get in the truck once I lift it.

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Stepper motor is a gauge movement technology. Most companies use this tech these days.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gauges... Hummmm

I like an anolog gauge, you learn where it is with out having to read a number, they are easier to read due to size, one issue is alot of them tap factory sensors...IE boost and tranny pressures. Boost will be off if you use a blow-off or a regulater. Tranny temps are going to be higher then most people tell you are "ok" because they are taking it from inside the tranny... You can get used to that but its just an issue.... and I feel they just look better...

If you dont like the A pillar, there is the overhead Pod as well as the steering wheel pod...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg