gelled up yesterday

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Son of a :soap my truck gelled op on me yesterday morning when it was -9 with a -30wc and it did it in the worst way in the tank clogging the pickup. had to get a tow to the stealership to drain and clean out the tank. Stupid fuel companys switching to a lower blend too early in the season the tow truck driver said semi's were dropping like flies in my area. (thanks to blackcloudstroker for helping me out over the phone, sorry for waking you up :sorry

so after a $140 tow, $239 labor and $90 in diesel she is running like a champ again with anti-gel added

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
PowerService in the red bottle, babe.

Also known as Rescue 911

get a half gallon and bungie-cord it in the bed

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Why don't you tell us where you got the fuel so we can avoid it in the future if we are ever out your way.
Jim

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
so after a $140 tow, $239 labor and $90 in diesel she is running like a champ again with anti-gel added

Cans of sterno are cheaper. :D
sterno.jpg

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
PowerService in the red bottle, babe.

Also known as Rescue 911

get a half gallon and bungie-cord it in the bed

had the small bottle of that put it in filter bowl and poured the rest in the tank didnt really help it was still gelled by the time i got to the dealership 3.5 hours later. even put in a new fuel filter. but at least i was able to restart and keep it running at idle so i didnt freeze couldnt go any higher than idle or it would stumble on its face and die.

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Why don't you tell us where you got the fuel so we can avoid it in the future if we are ever out your way.
Jim

it was at the TA off of interstate 80 and 29 in council bluffs ia. but i dont think that was the only place because its is blended at the distribution point and they service alot of stations

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That must suck!! Here in MIAMI, the record cold is 32 degrees, and that was in 1976. Last year it drop to 39 degrees for a few hours, I waited till it got to around 50 degrees, I put on the parka, ran to the truck, and it started find, and I turn on the heater.

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
had the small bottle of that put it in filter bowl and poured the rest in the tank didnt really help it was still gelled by the time i got to the dealership 3.5 hours later. even put in a new fuel filter. but at least i was able to restart and keep it running at idle so i didnt freeze couldnt go any higher than idle or it would stumble on its face and die.

had some as shown in quote but it was the smaller bottle and it didnt work enough but at least it alowed me to run and not freeze

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14