general questions

cnaulty620

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
looking to buy a 2004-2007 f250
i just have a few questions before i start seriously looking.
how do the king ranch interiors hold up?
how many miles can i expect to get out of a well maintained 6.0?
what kind of fuel milage can i expect stock?
in general, how reliable are these trucks?
what are some things i should look out for?
how can i tell if someone dogged the sh*t out of the truck?
and last but not least . . . why does insurance on one of these cost 300 bucks a month?!
all input is appreciated

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You should get about 300,000 out of a well maintained 6.0. You will have to do or have done a few things as they happen, like replacing the FICM and Glow Plugs. I get 15 to 18 mpg in the summer driving normally and not hot rodding it. Before you get any Ford truck, get an Oasis report from Ford. Give them the VIN number and they will give you the report showing everything that Ford has done to that truck. If the truck has been dogged, you will see that the EGR has been replaced many times or cleaned often. You must street race to be paying $300 per month. I pay about $800 per YEAR.

Dave :)

cnaulty620

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, ill definitely do the oasis report. as far as insurance goes, im an 18 year old with no tickets good grades and a full time job. geico allstate and state farm have all quoted me 1697 for 6 months

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did not know you were only 18 years old. I am a LOT older, like 61 years old. That would explain it.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get about 300,000 out of a well maintained 6.0. You will have to do or have done a few things as they happen, like replacing the FICM and Glow Plugs. I get 15 to 18 mpg in the summer driving normally and not hot rodding it. Before you get any Ford truck, get an Oasis report from Ford. Give them the VIN number and they will give you the report showing everything that Ford has done to that truck. If the truck has been dogged, you will see that the EGR has been replaced many times or cleaned often. You must street race to be paying $300 per month. I pay about $800 per YEAR.

:lmao ...I just turned 21 and I'm paying about 100 a month. It also depends on where you live. Insurance here in Louisiana is about 2x of what it is back in Alabama. Thats why I haven't changed over...insurance company was cool with that.

cnaulty620

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
maybe i should check out a few smaller local companies. but yea, the 18 year old thing kind of throws a wrench into things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14