gettin' ready for mods... where should i start???

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Strokin'.

Nice to have another 'yungster on the site. I'm not far ahead of ya (18).

Everyone already nailed most of the stuff above.

But I think you being young and dumb like me will want it to sound as loud as possible. I would go w/ a 3" Downpipe to a 5" exhaust system (If you can afford the extra for the 5"). The 5" has a meaty tone to it. But either a 4 or 5 inch straitpipe will really let that turbo spool up and sound great.

Lemme know if I can help ya w/ anything.
------------

Just thought you might enjoy these:

scan0001.jpg

Thats one of my senior Pics

DSC00541.jpg

Thats me and one of my buddies w/ our Strokers at School

mattsinjectors040.jpg

And If yer anything like me yu will scavange money anywhere to get 'er to do stuff like this :sly haha

Best of luck,
-Stouff

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think on low budget the first mod should be the air intake.The factory air boxes are not the best for keeping out the dirt.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
hey thanks for all the opinions but when it comes to the guages the only guage that i will buy is autometer, exhaust- i really want some 5" miter cut stacks, and the chip i will have to do some research as to which one will give me the biggest power gain. those are the 3 things i'm lookin' at spending good money for. i just got through putting a clutch, pressure plate, single mass flywheel, and throwout bearing in which was $720 and reworking the tranny was $530 so once i start recovering from that i will be starting on the mods. thanks again!!!

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I have six inch stacks on my truck and got it done for under 200 bucks.

You could easily get your five inch stacks done for that. First thing you need to do is build your self a 5 inch square box that goes the width of the bed. Then go to a big truck shop, and or salvage yard. They will have the rest of what you need. Pick yourself up a five inch 90. Then ask them to go to their scrap chrome bin. They will have one. Pick out some stacks. Then have them give you about of three foot piece of five inch pipe. This is extra, you will need it to tie everything together. You should be able to figure the rest out from here. If not just ask.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah there is a guy who lives about 15min. from my house who was saying i could do it that way, but i wasn't real sure about it, it must work though i guess i will be doing that pretty soon. right after i fix my fuel pump! dual 5" chrome miters here i come!!!!

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right after i fix my fuel pump! dual 5" chrome miters here i come!!!!

Yeah you can definitely do it cheeper than I said. I used all 5" exhaust pipe and elbows from the local peterbilt shop where my best friends sister works.... go everything for cost..... so Im not exactly sure how much it would cost to use those materials if you just walked in, or even if you used other materials and made it work.

Best of luck, and keep us updated on yer truck -popcorn

:thumbs
-Stouff

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
heck right now i got bigger fish to fry. definitely. i have to get a new fuel pump, water seperater valve, and batteries. my batteries quit on me when i was messin' with the tranny and the truck didn't get started for like 2 weeks straight and it was between 25-35 degrees when that happened. so i got some more money i got to spend and since my job only pays around $100 per week it's gonna be awhile. thanks for all the opinions, i will get back with ya'll on the mods when i get it running again, about 3-4 weeks from now probably:cussing:

drrm80

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Strokin'.

Nice to have another 'yungster on the site. I'm not far ahead of ya (18).

Everyone already nailed most of the stuff above.

But I think you being young and dumb like me will want it to sound as loud as possible. I would go w/ a 3" Downpipe to a 5" exhaust system (If you can afford the extra for the 5"). The 5" has a meaty tone to it. But either a 4 or 5 inch straitpipe will really let that turbo spool up and sound great.

Lemme know if I can help ya w/ anything.
------------

Just thought you might enjoy these:

scan0001.jpg

Thats one of my senior Pics

DSC00541.jpg

Thats me and one of my buddies w/ our Strokers at School

mattsinjectors040.jpg

And If yer anything like me yu will scavange money anywhere to get 'er to do stuff like this :sly haha

Best of luck,
-Stouff

Im another youngster (18) i have a 1995 F250 With DIY Intake, 3-3.5 Downpipe , Straight pipe to 5 " mitre stacks. I got the Dfuser18k, Tranny temp , pyro and boost guage and i also have a superchips tuner on its way. I love the truck. Injectors are my next thing id like to buy

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Drrm80 you should skip the tuner and get a selectable chip. You'll be alot happier and you can change settings on the fly. The stop light will change before you get your truck to the race program for that ricer sittin' next to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58