Getting a 7.3 soon!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Hey everybody. i am new here and have plans on getting a 7.3 liter soon. i wanted to get some opinions first before i make my purchase. i plan on getting a 2002-2003 F-350 4X4.

First: How many miles is too many for the 7.3 liter?(as long as it has been treated right)

Second: is there really that much difference between the F-250 and F350? Advantages/Disadvantages?

Third: i plan on spending up to $15000. is that a reasonable ceiling?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Hey everybody. i am new here and have plans on getting a 7.3 liter soon. i wanted to get some opinions first before i make my purchase. i plan on getting a 2002-2003 F-350 4X4.

First: How many miles is too many for the 7.3 liter?(as long as it has been treated right)

Second: is there really that much difference between the F-250 and F350? Advantages/Disadvantages?

Third: i plan on spending up to $15000. is that a reasonable ceiling?

I have about 285K on mine. In that time, I've replaced the tranny, injectors and the turbo a couple of times. Other than that, pretty much just the normal stuff.

Being around Barksdale, you shouldn't have the corrosion problems we have here up north.

If you find something interesting, you can go to Kelly Blue book's website or the NADA site and fine out if the asking price is reasonable or not.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
If you are willing to pay that much you should be able to find a nice clean farely low mile truck just look hard at them. i've got 220,*** on my 99 still all original motor parts cept the add ons. been one hellofatruck and im not easy on it. in fact it hooked to my 37 foot 5er as I type goin camping tommorrow

Rusty74

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When you find one see if a Ford dealer will pull the oasis report (service / recall) history. If it will be a daily driver the automatic will be good, the 6 spd. manual I liked for towing. I think the diffrence between the 250 & 350 is the axle's, 250 = DANA 50 Front 10.25 Sterling rear, 350 = DANA 60 Front 10.50 Sterling Rear (axle load rating). A general observation of the exterior and interior condition should be a good taddle tail sign of the engine and asking price regardless of mileage. Good Luck!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score

scientists have not found that number yet :D

i have 216k on mine, i have replaced starter, alternator, vac. pump, and the oil pan is very badly rotted and next on the list. this will be my last truck :D

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3L is a great one. I have a 186K on mine with lift and add ons. Just put in fully built tranny in mine and I run all highway miles and tow heavy loads every now and then. Mileage all depends on your maintance. If you take care if it and keep on top you will be happy in the long run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58