getting hard to start

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
well i have been noticing after the truck sits for about 2 days its getting hard to start. it kinda acts like one of the batteries is going bad but they both test good. the truck has a little over 43k miles on it and I have had it a little over a year.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine too has just over 43k miles on it and it's been taking longer to start. It doesn't seem like the batteries are down or anything, I just think it's probably time to change the fuel filters again. I'm also going to clean the EGR (nothing to do with starting) as the dealer cleaned my dads and his mileage sky rocketed!

His truck is a bone stock '06 6.0 CC LB 4x4 with 20s and he can pull 18-19 mpg on the highway! Granted I'm on 35s but I'm lucky to get 15-16!

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard Starting too

Mwalls,

Mine has just started acting up also. I have not had a chance to take it to the dealer yet. Let me know what the fix is if you happen to get it to stop, and I'll post the fix after the dealer has a look at it.

My truck has 48000km on it.:thanks

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
well i talked to 2 dealerships and they wanted to keep the truck for 2 days and charge labor to just check the alternaotr and batteries because its out of the 3/36 warranty, then if the batteries were bad they wanted $210 for each battery. :eek: So i took by 2 advance autos and Sam's club and the batteries ended up being bad.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! The batteries were bad already? I guess it's time to check mine and if need be order some yellow tops!

canterburyfour

www.canterburyfour
Reaction score
I'm also going to clean the EGR (nothing to do with starting) as the dealer cleaned my dads and his mileage sky rocketed!

is truck is a bone stock '06 6.0 CC LB 4x4 with 20s and he can pull 18-19 mpg on the highway! Granted I'm on 35s but I'm lucky to get 15-16!

How do you clean the EGR? My truck is suffering from the same starting problem. Plus I would like to make sure everything is done so I am getting the best MPG(12 right now w/38" tires).

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Remove the EGR and use carb cleaner and a small brush and scrub the EGR valve. Get the gaskets from Ford to reinstall it.

Dave

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
you guys w/ the 05-07 trucks might be suffering from the
HPOP leaking down...theres a TSB on it

FDDTS - HPOP Connector Bracket

the dealer should for ICP leak down too...
FDDTS - 6.0L ICP System Leaks

bush i thought at first it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but i am SURE that lately my truck is taking longer and longer to start also.
it's an 04, does that HPOP leakdown apply to me too ??
i suspected batteries at first too, but that 's not it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58