Glad I found this place

SAVAGESAM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Sam, I drive a concrete mixer for cemex here in Merced,Ca. I live two hours east of S.F.,Santa cruz,Monterey,Carmel. Two hours west of Yosemite National Park. Two hours south of Sacramento. Four to five hours north of L.A. I'm glad to be here and hope to contribute.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Hey Sam, welcome to SDD, we're glad you found us too! The Central Valley is my old stomping grounds as well.

SAVAGESAM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Hey Sam, welcome to SDD, we're glad you found us too! The Central Valley is my old stomping grounds as well.
What's it like in Casper? Been meaning to make my way to jelly stone.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
SAVAGESAM said:
What's it like in Casper? Been meaning to make my way to jelly stone.

Casper is a small town (although, second largest in Wyoming) located on the high desert plains. Warm dry summers, cold windy winters. Nice place if you enjoy sparsity. :D

SAVAGESAM said:
Thanks for the heads up on the grammer.

:confused:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
SAVAGESAM said:
Hello everyone. My name is Sam, I drive a concrete mixer for cemex here in Merced,Ca. I live two hours east of S.F.,Santa cruz,Monterey,Carmel. Two hours west of Yosemite National Park. Two hours south of Sacramento. Four to five hours north of L.A. I'm glad to be here and hope to contribute.

Welcome Sam!!:thumbs

I'm pretty familiar with the Merced area. For something like 40 years, almost every person who learned to fly B-52's, did so at Castle AFB in Atwater. This includes myself from Apr 78 to Sep 78 with a few return visits over the years. In my webshots (link below), I have some pics I took there at the Castle Air Museum. There was a little strip mall near the Merced Mall that had a family steak place that I frequented on about a weekly basis. I briefly dated a waitress there.

I remember in Atwater there was a little mom & pop Mexican restaurant downtown right next to the railroad tracks. It had some if the best authentic Mexican food I've ever had.

While there in 78 I visited Yosemite twice. Once during spring run-off, there were waterfalls everywhere. Easilly one of the more beautiful places on earth.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
SAVAGESAM said:
Mexican restaurant is probably La nitas? Steak house WAS probably happy steak?

I dunno about the Mexican place. Over a span of of over 25 years, you'd think a place could very well change it's name/ownership.

But I think you're dead on with Happy Steak, that sounds very familiar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg