Question Glow Plug and the other Relay

cregg101

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
Thanks for the help with the Bad, Bad, Bad smoke issue :)

Now to the relays, I think the smaller relay with the mounting bracket holes at a 90 degree angle from each other is the GPR is that correct?

Also what is the other relay right beside of it which is taller that the GPR and the the holes for mounting are directly across from each other?

Thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
Thanks for the help with the Bad, Bad, Bad smoke issue :)

Now to the relays, I think the smaller relay with the mounting bracket holes at a 90 degree angle from each other is the GPR is that correct?

Also what is the other relay right beside of it which is taller that the GPR and the the holes for mounting are directly across from each other?

Thanks

Good learning thing fer ya. ;)

The Relay with wires connected to a Terminal on the Y pipe.. is the Air Intake Heater Relay (AIHR). It powers up a heating element* that pre-heats intake air.. during a cold start/warm up. jus' trace the wires. :sly

The other one is the GPR.

On edit: * Many (me) have deleted the AIH heating element.. Except for the Frozen Far North, it's an unnecessary intake air flow restriction.

Yer Call ?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We are here to help everyone and get help ourselves. This is one of the only Diesel Forums where actually happens. There is not a lot of bickering and almost NO fighting here. Great group of people!

Dave :thumbs

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are here to help everyone and get help ourselves. This is one of the only Diesel Forums where actually happens. There is not a lot of bickering and almost NO fighting here. Great group of people!

Dave :thumbs

Some of us have our fighting behind us and learned the
hard way that nothing gets done when your fighting.
Now days it takes to long to heal. LOL
Doug

cregg101

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Some of us have our fighting behind us and learned the
hard way that nothing gets done when your fighting.
Now days it takes to long to heal. LOL
Doug

I am with you on the healing up part :teef been there, done that, not going back :watchout

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58